Answers

Summer's P.O.V

Although I was worried for him, I ate supper and went to bed with everyone. During the night... It was very late and I was still awake. I wanted answers. I opened my eye. Nobody was awake. I got up and opened the trap door above us. I saw my objective sitting on one of the stairs, the dragon diary. I walked up to it and opened it. Where's that dang lovewing page? Found it! Hmmm... (I'm not reading it out loud) Female lovewings put spells on themselves to be more charming to male lovewings. Certain dragons (list below) are very sensitive to those spells. Their eyes turn pink but the pink is only visible to that dragon's true mate. I looked at the dragon list. Spiral swiftwings were a part of it. But wait a minute! "the pink is only visible to that dragon's true mate" Does that mean that Winger is destined to be my mate? Just the thought of it makes me turn bright red. I got my answers. I closed the dragon diary and went back to the sleep cave. I was able to fall asleep since I had my answers. The next morning, I woke up before everyone else and since there was no fish left, I went to catch some. Winger came out of the sleep cave exactly when I finished. Everyone came out after him. We all said good morning to each other and ate the fish I caught. "I sure hope I can find my mate" said Lovaura while we were eating, sounding worried "Well at least you're not alone" said Winger with a reassuring smile. Lovaura smiled and continued eating. After I finished eating, I asked to Aggro and Leyla if we could speak in private in the sleep cave. They both agreed and followed me. Once the doors were shut, I told them to come closer. "What's happening, Summer?" asked Leyla "Well... Could you take out the dragon diary please?" I asked. Leyla looked into her bag and got the dragon diary out. "Go to the lovewing page and I'll show you". Leyla went to that page and showed it to me. I pointed towards a small text. Leyla read aloud "Female lovewings put spells on themselves to be more charming to male lovewings. Certain dragons are very sensitive to those spells. Their eyes turn pink but the pink is only visible to that dragon's true mate...""Summer? Do you know what this means?" asked Aggro slyly "It means Winger is destined to be your mate". I immediately blushed. "Yes I know""That explains why you see some pink in Winger's eyes and we don't. So that actually means that Winger is partially...""Falling in love with Lovaura" I completed her sentence "Winger is mine, he doesn't belong with her! We need to find her mate before Winger completely falls in love with her"