Different Meaning

Chapter 8
____

"He looks ethereal," Was the first thing that popped into Techno's mind as he stared at the other beneath him. The grass and flowers surrounding them made it even better.

Dream looked at him dazed with the afterglow of their previous activity.

He wants to say something but the words couldn't leave his mouth. This was still so wrong, why would he say those words? This was only for their own pleasure and the blond had clearly said he was using him.

So why?

Why does he so badly want to say those words? Why does seeing Dream like this: covered in his marks, exhausted, and wrecked, left a clawing feeling in his chest? How he wants to put a collar around the other's neck and hide him here, at the cottage. Far enough from everyone else, far enough from the fox.

But he can't...

Because he...

A hand was placed on his cheek that interrupted his thoughts, "You're thinking too much."

"I have a lot in mind."

Something shined in the blond's eyes, "Is it me?" The other asked it so confidently he was sure that he could read his mind.

He chuckled and rolled over to rest on the grass, he turned his head to find Dream already staring at him with a curious look.

"How can you be so confident it's you?" He asked the other who rolled his eyes.

"After our little activity... how can I not be the one on your mind? Or... were you thinking of someone else while we did it?" As Dream looked at him, like a snake that had wrapped itself around its predator, he knew it was useless to lie. The blond already knows his feelings, he knows he was the only one.

"Yes, it's you," He replied and the other gave him a small smile.

"Say what you want to say. Tell me what's on your mind."

"You might not like it."

"I don't care."

As he stared into Dream's eyes, he fell even deeper into the abyss of want and he couldn't help but say the words he'd been dying to say, "I love you."

He watched as the other's face changed to many different emotions, then it settled with a pained look.

"Everyone says that," It was so quiet that he never would have heard him if weren't so close.

"Mine holds a different meaning," He replied as he pecked the blond's lips, a sign of truth.

"How can you be so sure?" The question was easy to answer but hard to find the right words.

The other stared at him with such hesitation and fear that it made his chest ache.

"Because I worship you," He saw the way Dream's eyes widened slightly and his body shivered at his words.

He grasped the other's hand and brought it to his lips, "I want your body."

His lips trailed up slowly while reciting all the reasons why, "I want your mind."