Epilogue

Gabriella sat in the grass, watching her younger sister and cousins playing tag in the field. Josette sat down next to her, a smile playing across her lips for the first time in the three weeks since she had been rescued and reunited with her parents.

"How are you adjusting?" She asked.

"It's getting easier," she sighed, tucking a strand of blonde hair behind her ear. "But it's still difficult. You know, normality and that kind of thing."

"But you're okay?"

"Oh, yes, it's really good being back with my parents," she smiled. "Though my dad's constantly hovering over me, like I'm some precious china doll that must be shielded from the world."

"Wasn't he like that already?"

"Well it's like ten times that now," she chuckled.

"Let's go play with Katie, Timothy and Lauren," Gabriella glanced over at the three children. "They've been begging for me to join them." Her cousin nodded, standing up and brushing herself off.

As they were walking down the hill, Gabriella tripped over a rock, cracking her head open. Blood gushed out of the wound, while Gabriella lay unmoving, unconscious from the fall.

"Gabby!" Josette ran to her cousin's aid, and began forcing her blood down her cousin's throat, allowing her vampiric blood to heal Gabriella's wounds. Her eyes immediately fluttered open.

"What did they do to me?" she whispered.

"Gabby-"

"They made me forget everything," Gabriella's eyes filled with tears. "They made me forget you. I knew you, Josie. I knew you when we were children."

END OF BOOK 1