Chapter 16

"Marlene I am so sorry for your lost" James said as he picked her up as tho she was a baby.

"Did you tell, Mark, Mathew, and Maxwell" I said worried they had not found yet, and how they would react.

"Yes they know" James said laying me on the bed and laid next to me as tears fell down the sides of his face.

"Thank you for telling them for me" I said to James, knowing I would not be able to tell them myself.

"No thank you for not going out on me just right now, I know I can be selfish sometimes but I just want you to happy" James said now holding Marlenes hand.

"Thank you, but James let me learn, let me get hurt, let me be a normal witch" I said leaning on my elbows and looking at James.

"You can date him I now understand" James said worried, he was scared he was going to get yelled at.

"James you are impossible you know that right" I said and chuckled.

"I know, so are you going to go and get your man" James said elbowing me and laughed.

"No I just want to be friends and who knows maybe we will get back together but not now, but I do want to talk to him" I said looking at James with a frown.

"I will go down stair and get him" James said getting up and leaving with a smile.

A hour later Sirius came in, and I was reading a book. "You asked for me" Sirius said peeking threw the door.

"Hmm I thought you were not coming, I even resorted to reading a bloody book" I said looking at him.

"Must have been long, may I come in" Sirius said worried I would yell at him if he did not ask.

"Yes, just come in" I said upset, as I got up and grabbed the necklace and ring he gave me.

"What are you doing" Sirius said confused.

"Giving you these back, if we ever got back together I will gladly take them back" I said placing the ring and necklace in his hand.

"Marlene come on" Sirius said now sounding angry and sat on my bed.

"I said what I said keep them" I yelled at him and stomped my foot.

"Fine then" Sirius said taking off his ring and putting it in my hand.

"I don't want this" I said fussing at Sirius.

"Well I did not want your ring or your necklace" Sirius said with his eyebrows raised.

"Fine I will keep it" I said as I rolled my eyes and shoving in my pocket.

"So is this is why you asked for me to come up here" Sirius said in a annoyed voice.

"No" I said as I walked up to him and raped my arms around him and held back my tears. Yes I missed Sirius and the fact that I could not just lay with him and snuggle like we had before, but I did not want to be hurt again.

"I should go" Sirius said pushing me away and leaving. After that I went to sleep.

——————————————————————————

  Summer of 1976

  "James why did you have to invite Sirius" I complained on the train.

  "Because I rather him spend time this summer with us rather than his parents" James complained , and I rolled my eyes.

——————————————————————————

  "Hey mum" I said as I got off the train and and hugged her.

  "Marlene my mum said I could spend every two weeks with you" Lily said running up to me and hugged me.

  "Really" I said exited.

  "Yes" Lily said jumping up and down.

  "Starting this week" I asked hoping she would say yes.

  "Yes" she said with the biggest smile I have ever seen on her face.

  "Mum Lily can spend every two weeks with us" I said running up to her after she hugged James.

  "Really, great" my mum said excitedly, she needed something to get her mind off of the passing of my father.

  "Lily you can sit next to me in the car" I said as I locked arms with her.

   "Wonderful this will be so fun" Lily said so happy.

  "Come on" I said as I giggled and smiled as we skipped away.

——————————————————————————

  When we got to the house it was off putting saying my father was not there, but Lily made it better.

  "Here is yours and Lilys trunk Marlene" my mum said handing my trunk to me and I levitated up the stairs with Lily following.

  "Lily we can go out in town and get a cot for you to sleep on" I said with a smile on my face as I laid on my bed.

  "That would be great shall we go now then" Lily said with her eyebrows raised.

  "Sure come on, we will need muggle money" I said as I rummaged threw my draw to get the money. Then headed down stairs with Lily. "Mum we are going out to the town" I said about to leave.

  "Will two of you boys go with them keep them safe" my mum said referring to, Mark, Mathew, Maxwell, James, and Sirius.

  "Not it" Mark, Mathew, and Maxwell said as they put there fingers to there nose.

  "Bloody hell" James said complaining.

  "Oh shut it James" Mrs. Potter said. "Go now maybe you can get yourself something to" Mrs.Potter said taking a piece of old newspaper and waked James in the back of the head.

  "Are you coming Sirius she said two" James said with a smirk on his face.

  "Bloody hell at this pace we won't be able to leave the house" I muttered under my breath to Lily, witch made her chuckle.

  "Come on chop, chop boys" Lily said clapping her hands together.

  "We are coming calm down" Sirius said in a annoyed voice.

  Once the boys were ready James asked us what we were getting and we responded with a cot.

  "That is bloody boring we should get fun things also for this summer, to do pranks" James said elbowing Sirius.

——————————————————————————

I actually in joyed writing this chapter, and prefer this one over the last.

(None of these characters are mine they belong to J.K Rowling and in no way am I claiming them as mine.)