A cold.

6 AM Monday morning

lying in bed with your eyes open, arms crossed in your sheets, still tired of last night...

*flashback*

*hears drunk parents yelling at each other* they were arguing aggressively. I honestly didn't pay much attention, I didn't care either but there was this feeling inside of me knowing that it'll not end well. I still didn't pay much attention to it, suddenly I hear my brother scared and crying coming into my room. 

"Mi-rae! Mi-rae! he's holding a knife towards her and himself I don't know what to do! please stop him! you have to stop him!" he said with a scared face

At the time I was calling with my boyfriend, he was worried too.  I didn't know what to do, I ran downstairs and saw someone lying on the ground. I didn't know who it was, I looked closely.  It was my mother she was unconscious, I started feeling dizzy and started yelling

What's going on why is she on the ground? "Mom wake up! mom, you have to wake up!" looking at my drunk stepdad "Why isn't she waking up" he looked at her but he barely could talk.

*calls 911*  "911 what's your emergency-?"

"hello help h-help me my my mom s-she isn't waking up! I c-can't wake her up! Someone wake her up now!" I yelled, I couldn't breathe at all.

"Ma'am, you have to calm down okay? I need you to listen, how old is your mom?"

"35 she's 35.

"Okay good, now can you tell me what happened? but try to stay calm"

" I- I don't really remember, my mom and stepdad got into a fight but my stepdad is really drunk. can you please send someone I can't wake her up!"

"we're on our way ma'am, I need you to do one more thing for me, grab your mom by her shoulders and shake as hard as you can and try to wake her up okay? can you do that?

*grabs her by the shoulders and tries to wake her up*

she's not waking up! it's not working!"

"Okay ma'am one last thing, is her heart still beating?"

I grabbed her wrist, tried to stay calm,

first beat, second beat, third beat, fourth be- wait... I can't feel the fourth beat. I tried to breathe in and out and tried again. "come on mom you got this, stay with me" I said by myself as I was grabbing her wrist tighter.

None. I couldn't feel it, at that moment I felt cold, I became so dizzy, everything became blurry and I fainted, next to my dead mom's body.

*End of the flashback*