"Am I that easy to let go?"

Weeks go by and everything continues as usual. My parents keep arguing every other day, so I end up getting away with visiting Trevor more often. I also start bringing Mason to Skye's house whenever I go, just so he can get a break from our parents too. Skye's parents are back and they don't mind us being there at all.

Trevor and I have his house alone for the both of us plenty of times, but I still refuse to have sex with him again. I can tell he's getting frustrated by this but I don't care. It's gonna be my decision the next time we do it.

*Beep beep*
I shut off my alarm and get up. I'm gonna spice things up today, it's Trevor and I's one month anniversary. I always said I wouldn't be like those cheesy couples that celebrate every single anniversary, but a month is more than I thought my first relationship would last.

I suddenly think back to freshman year when I dated Jordan Blake for a week. He was the best basketball player in our school. Tall, dark skin, hazel eyes; he was perfect. Skye dared me to talk to him after one of his games, and my little freshman ass did it! I had more balls back then than I do now. I told him to meet me at a hallway the next day and when he did, I kissed him. It wasn't even a real kiss, it was just a peck but it was all Skye and I would talk about. We then "dated" for a week. We didn't even talk in school, we just said hi and hugged each other awkwardly every now and then. Then eventually he told me we had to hold hands if we were gonna be a couple, so I broke up with him. He moved away that summer.

I put on my nice tight ripped jeans, a black tank top, and my oversized green jacket. I guess this is the best I'm gonna do. I curl my lashes and apply mascara like Skye taught me. Then I softly fill in my brows, making sure they don't look too harsh. I add clear gloss to my lips and finish off with some blush and highlight on my cheeks.

"Not bad, Carter" I wink at myself in the mirror.

~•~
"Hey" I smile as Trevor approaches me at school.

"You look cute." He says and kisses me. I notice his messy hair and his lazy outfit; grey sweatpants and a white T-shirt. You can tell he's tired by merely looking at his face. Does he even remember it's our one month anniversary today?

"You didn't dress up" I frown.

He slowly rubs his blue eyes when he finally realizes what today is. I can see 'Fuck, I forgot' written all across his face.

"I'm sorry babe I was really tired last night, I was almost late today." He finds an excuse.

"It's fine. We're still hanging out later, right?" I ask when suddenly his phone rings. He turns to the screen and quickly declines, why is he being weird?

"Uhhh, yea." He notices my raised eyebrow.
"It was my mom but I'll call her back later." He quickly kisses my cheek and walks away.

What the fuck?

                                           -
We head home after the last bell, but not before a quick ice cream stop. We walk in and discover we have the house to ourselves as I was silently hoping, so we head to Trevors room.

And so my plan continues... I giggle to myself.

"Happy one month" I whisper as I gently kiss him.

"Happy one month." He agrees, surprised when I move to his lap to straddle him.

"Oh" is all he manages before I shut him up by kissing him harder. I pull back and slowly lift his shirt up, kissing his chest. I instantly feel him harden under me, his breathing growing louder.

Bzzzz. Bzzzz.

"Who is that?" I stop.

"No one." He reaches and quickly turns his phone over.

Bzzz. Bzzz. It betrays him.

I reach and snatch it before he can stop me. "Who's Brittany?" I raise my voice as I unlock his phone to read the message.

"No one babe, she's my cousin. Come on." He tries turning my face back to him.

"Your cousin? Why would your cousin send are we fucking tonight?" I turn to him.

"I- nah she's kidding." He takes the phone from me.

I quickly get off his lap.

"Babe come on, don't ruin this!" He grabs my wrist before I can back away.

"Don't ruin what?! It's already ruined! You're fucking cheating on me!" I snatch my arm away. I can feel the anger and the tears building up inside of me.

I Instantly wish I would've gone over to Skye's instead. Or maybe even my place, anything would've been better than finding this out today.

"Fine! I am cheating on you!" He confirms, and it makes me realize I didn't want to hear  him admit this.

I stare at him, not being able to say all the things I want to say. I'm pretty sure I open my mouth a couple of times, but the words fail to come out.

"What?" He sighs. "Isn't that what you wanted to hear?"

"You're a piece of shit." I mumble as tears begin running down my cheeks.

"What did you fucking expect me to do? You never wanna fuck. We've dated for a month Everlyn, a month! How many times have we had sex? It's like you don't even wanna be with me! What did you want me to do, just wait for you?" He yells as I back away.

Of course he's painting himself as the victim.

"Don't ever talk to me again, Trevor. Stay the fuck away from me. We're done." I shakily  head for his door, my legs  barely being able to move but my brain is determined to get the hell out of there.

"We've been done." He groans from his bed. I ignore him and run out as quickly as I can.

"Skye? Can you please pick me up from Trevors?" I cry into the phone.

"Are you ok babe, what happened?" I can hear her concerned tone.

"Please come get me. We broke up." I sob as my voice cracks.

"I... I'm on my way."

I hang up.

And just as I was finally starting to be happy, it's over.

It's all over, because of me.

A/N:
I'm so happy and confused rn!? My book got 1k reads?? I'm just SO grateful & excited to continue this story, and I wanna say THANK YOU for reading & voting! It really really means a lot!
I never say this lol but don't forget to comment your thoughts + vote! <3