The downfall

During Melody’s time in boarding school, she felt less than satisfied. Having dealt with girls who were nothing but spoiled, arrogant brats. Melody was glad she had grown up being more selfless and caring. Studying was terrible, only thanking God that she kept organized.

Every day she missed her home and often thought about how her friends were doing. Melody hadn't managed to make any friends at school, so she had to look forward to the letters from home. 

There were always photos from her friends, seashells from Jane, Sam and the boy's ploy to bust her out of school. Her sisters would visit and bring her news of her father, with the bonus of secret snacks and drinks.

Hercules would mail photos of Pegasus, talking about how they both missed her. He would joke about how boring average life was now, and inform her about the small things. It was peaceful for a long time. 

Melody tried to write back to everyone, especially Hercules. Every time he wrote to her, she wanted to spill her heart out, though she was never sure if it was the right time to. Ever since she had kissed Jim, she felt an immediate dichotomy. Hercules was strong and gentle, but a bit too timid. Jim knew what he wanted in life and was confident, but he was rowdy and cared more about having fun than being safe. 

Nonetheless, she was still young and wanted to enjoy their company as friends now. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hercules waited at the cash register tapping his fingers on the wood. He had commissioned it weeks ago, and it should have been by done now. He couldn’t wait to give it to Melody when she was home. 

When he finally recieved it, he hid it in his backpack and started walking home. He was planning on meeting up with some people from school. There he had his general group of friends, though some people within he didn't get on with well. The first that came to mind was Gaston. He wondered how his new friends could stand him. It didn't help that they were friends with childhood bullies. 

“Hey, Herc! Whadya get?” someone asked the redhead. The 13-year-old boy jumped, before realizing it was Aladdin. 

“Nothing really, I just got something for someone,” he said, gripping his chest. 

“A gift? For me? You shouldn't have!” Al said, nudging his shoulder. Hercules rolled his eyes and pushed him, while his friend chuckled. 

“Even if I tried to get you something, you would’ve had it already.” 

“Nah I’m only good on food, not trinkets. I'm always in the market for more.” he pouted. 

“Well good, then you’ll learn not to steal.” Hercules smiled. 

“You’re too much of a prude, you know that?,” Aladdin responded. 

“My parents would kill me if I ever got caught.” He laughed at Al’s reaction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Melody's first morning back home, she rushed outside to see her friends. They had promised to meet her at the park they first met at. She only stopped at the sound of a familiar voice behind her. 

“Planning on going somewhere?” she turned to see Jim and all her other friends. Before anyone spoke, she was immediately pounced on by her friends. A suffocating group hug, with Jim pressed to her chest.

“It feels so weird to finally see you again! It's been ages!” Sam groaned, sniffling as she bit back tears. Melody laughed and returned the affection. Though she felt her heartbeat beaten once she hugged Jim. 

“We really missed you, especially Jim, he was sen-.” Jim covered Peter’s mouth while his face burnt a bright red. Jim rescinding his hand after a few seconds, wiping it on his pants and Melody could see Peters pink tongue.