13. Sharing a room...

"What the hell does he think of himself?" Just as she opened the door her steps came to a halt as she found Ashton emerging from the bathroom in nothing but a towel-clad about his hips.

Her breath hitched a little and her heart skipped a beat while her brain stopped working for a minute.

"Mrs King?" Ashton's voice brought her back to reality.

"What did you do?" She demanded as soon as common sense hit back at her face.

"Enjoyed a shower." He answered easily.

"That's not what I'm asking! What are you planning to do?"

"Planning to go to bed." He drawled.

She was losing her calm now. Placing her hands on her hips she tilted her head as she looked him into his eyes.
"What exactly is going on in your mind?"

"Even I'm not sure. I'm confused about whether to have vodka or wine."

She took a deep breath trying to calm her anger down.
"Don't act coy, Mr King. You know well enough what I am talking about."

"And what are you talking about Mrs King?" he asked as he took slow measured steps towards her.

"Why did you tell the maids to shift my belongings to your room?" she asked as she closed the door behind her completely aware of the fact that there was always a chance that a maid might pass by and listen to the argument.

"Isn't it understandable for husband and wife to live in the same room and share the space?"

"Wait. You had promised my privacy will be respected."

"Since the maids are in the house we need to act like a couple and a couple lives in the same room."

"But - "

"But what, Lilly? Do you want the maids to sleep in a room filled with pests?" Ashton asked and Lilly remembered a huge spider that once invaded her house back in England and had scared the living daylights out of her. She hated that memory and shook her head in a No. She definitely wouldn't want anyone to sleep in a room filled with spiders.

" Or do you want them to know we are just faking this marriage and risk losing Sam because you know the news of our contractual marriage won't take long to reach Elsie's ears?"

At that point, Lilly realised this argument was not going anywhere. So taking a deep breath she asked, "How long would it take for maids to return to their quarters?"

" I am not sure," he answered shrugging his shoulders and Lilly couldn't help but notice how a droplet of water dropped from his wet hair and travelling down his neck reached the collar bone and then travelled further down his torso, she gulped.

'He is hot!' her brain screamed in full fangirling mode.
'Shut up you idiot!' the common sense intervened.

"I'll try to get this done as soon as possible," Ashton said interrupting the war between her brain and common sense.
"But till then you are going to stay here in the in this room," he announced.

"Fine." she sighed because she knew at the moment she had no other choice.
"But why is there not even a couch in this room?''  she questioned.

"I like open spaces, for one. And for two, maybe because I don't need a couch to sleep on. I sleep on my bed." he said gesturing towards the wide king-sized bed in the centre of the room.

"Yeah... I see that but you don't mean that we are going to share this bed. Right?"

"It's me who is sharing." He said giving a charming smile.
"Since I am so kind-hearted and generous I will allow you to sleep on my bed."