Chapter Eight

We slid down the slide into the tunnel and waited for Missy to join us. She finally came down.

A Capella and Facemaker helped her stop before she hit the ground. She stood and looked at us.

"Guys? Come on!" Missy said trying to lift our spirits.

"It sure is dark in here." Guppy said.

"Ojo, can I borrow your flashlight for a minute?" Missy asked. Ojo handed Missy her ipad with the flashlight on.

"We just have to stick...together." She said walking forward.

"Yeah, and find a way up to the mother ship, and defeat the aliens who defeated all the Heroics." Wild Card said.

"And save our parents." I mumbled.

"What could we do differently from our parents?" Wheels asked.

"Everything. Like we lure the aliens out of the cities, so that we don't destroy more buildings." Missy suggested.

"That's actually a really good idea." I said

"She's right. Our parents are always having huge brawls in the middle of the most populated cities." Rewind said.

"Yeah I'm honestly surprised people still like the Heroics after all the money they have cost them." I said.

"Don't we need superhero costumes?" Guppy questioned.

"All superheroes have costumes. Pads, fake muscles, tons of useless buckles." Fast Forward listed.

"Underwear on the outside." A Capella said.

"Skin tight spandex." I said shivering.

"Masks you can barely see out of." Rewind added.

"That's why they were able to pick out our parents so easily." Fast Forward said.

"Because they were easy to spot. We have to blend in. Be...stealth." She said looking at Ojo's ipad trailing off.

"How?" Wild Card asked her.

"Just trust me. I have a plan." Missy said.

We continued to walk through the tunnel. I felt someone grab my hand. I looked to Wild Card.

"Am I doing any better?" He asked quietly to me.

"I can see you're trying." I said. He nodded and let go of my hand and walked back up to Missy.

We walked some more until we finally saw the opening. It was a bunch of vines hanging down.

We walked through them and were met with a clearing. We gathered up to the side. Guppy held my hand.

"Where? What plan?" Wild Card asked her.

"I'll show you." Missy said. They both looked at the ipad.

"The plan is we're gonna sneak on a bus?" He questioned.

She started whispering in his ear. "Oh. Holy...doo doo." He said turning to Guppy. She rolled her eyes.

"I mean, yes, very interesting. Uh-huh. Okay, makes sense. Yep. Okay. Wow, that's really smart." He said looking at her.

I smiled. That's the kind of attitude I'm looking for. He looked back to me and smiled.

He grabbed the ipad from Missy's hand and my smile dropped a little. "Okay, everyone, Missy and I figured out a way for us to do this."

I put my hand on my hip and raised my eyebrow at him. "Check it out. Ojo drew us a clue." He said holding up the ipad. "A supply ship."

"So what does that mean?" A Capella asked.

"It means there's probably one nearby that we'll sneak on board and pilot up to the mother ship." He explained.

"That's actually a good idea no matter who thought of it." Wheels said.

"Thank you." Wild Card said. Me and Guppy groaned.

"Come on, it's time we show these aliens what's what." Missy said.

We all started running. "Come on Gups." I said bending down. She jumped on my back. I ran to catch up.

"Hurry up, Slo-Mo!" Wild Card yelled.