Chapter 14

These last few days went by in the blink of an eye. Something I'm very happy about because that means Dean is finally coming home today. It's been boring here without any of them but I've managed. He called this morning saying he wouldn't be back until late tonight and I really didn't mind that at all. Just as long as they come back safely.

Dean also mentioned this case wasn't even vampires at all. Instead they were really dealing with Chuck and his mind games. I've never met the guy but from what Dean told me Chuck is God and has some sort of hatred towards the boys. Honestly I didn't think God was real until meeting Castiel and him telling me he's an Angel.

It all took me a moment to process and when I did it sounds like Chuck is a pretty big ass. Since they won't be back until late tonight I spent the day doing homework then decided to clean up the bunker. It's way messier than you'd probably think. It's full of dust and don't even get me started on Dean's bedroom. It looks like a tsunami ran through there.

First I picked up all his dirty laundry and put them into the washing machine. While waiting for that to get done I put all his clean clothes away for him. As I cleaned up a bit there was a noise coming from the hallway causing me to frown. Slowly and very cautiously I opened the door. Looking around I saw nothing, which only made me more confused.

On my walk down the hallway the noise came again but this time it sounded further away. What the hell is that? Sam told me this place is completely warded and safe from the supernatural. When stepping into the library my eyes landed on a man. He is looking through the bookshelves. The moment he noticed me he smiled.

"Hi McKenzie, you're clearly the girl that has Dean reeling." He grinned from ear to ear.

"Who are you?" I asked not caring to acknowledge his sarcasm. My hand his resting firmly on the knife in my waistband. If he tries anything I'm prepared to kill this asshole.

"How rude of me," he laughed while stepping closer to me. That only caused me to back up further. "I'm Chuck...you know God." He smiled. My eyes widened. This is honestly not what I'd pictured him to be. In my head he seemed taller and not so nerdy looking.

"By your reaction I'm guessing they told you about me. Listen I'm not a bad guy, Sam and Dean are." He tried lying to me. I scoffed so he continued with his lies. "I'm here on behalf of my sister Amara, you know her and Dean have a thing." He chuckled at that.

"Get to the point." I rolled my eyes annoyed.

"Right well the Winchester's have a certain book that could destroy all the worlds I've created and I need to get that back. So if you help me I'll be out of your hair in no time." He grinned. This man is oddly way too sarcastic and it pisses me off.

"Why would I help you?" I glared angrily. The smile left his face and he came closer to me and there wasn't anymore room for me to back away. So this time he is standing inches from my face. "Because if you don't I'll kill all your new little friends then you so you can watch everyone you care about die." He said.

My heart raced inside my chest at his dark words. Even though he terrifies me I'm not going to let that show even if he can probably smell it. "I'm not helping you betray Sam and Dean." I glared.

"Yeah I thought you'd say that," he said before placing his fingers to my forehead causing everything to go dark.

My eyes shot open and I looked around to see that I'm still in the bunkers library. Only I'm tied to a chair while Chuck continues his search for some stupid book. "What makes you think they would hide it in plain sight?" I asked.

"Yay your awake." He says sarcastically. I rolled my eyes. "You know you're lucky I didn't just kill you." He stated.

"Yes I'm trembling in fear," this time it was me being sarcastic. He stopped what he was doing and turned to look at me. "I won't hesitate to kill you McKenzie, so don't push it." He said before looking again.

"Sam and Dean will be back any minute." I told him and he smiled as he threw some books across the room.

"I'm actually counting on it." He said. Just then the door opened and they walked into the bunker. My eyes locked with Dean's green ones and his widened.

"What the hell?" Dean angrily shouted as the four of them descended the stairs. "Let her go now," Dean glared as he pulled out his gun. I know he's worried but it's God, is a gun really going to hurt him? He held his gun high aiming it right at Chuck.

"What are you doing here?" Sam asked, ignoring the gun that's not going to do much. Chuck stepped in front of me and held his smug smile.

"I want the book and as soon as I get it then she's all yours." He told the boys. My heart is racing inside my chest right now from all the built up anticipation.

"No, we're not giving it to you." Cas stepped up.

"Yes we are," Dean glared as he turned his attention to Cas. "This is McKenzie we're talking about. I'm not risking losing her over some stupid book that we couldn't read anyway."

While Dean went and grabbed the book Cas had a big glare on his face. Soon he came back with it and handed it over to Chuck. A smile formed on his face as he held the book tightly in his hands.

"I knew that if Dean thought I would kill her it would automatically make him want to hand this over," he smiled at the book before turning to me. "Thank you for your service." Chuck grinned before disappearing. This day did not go as planned.