Chapter 61 - Turn upside down

- Omer and I decided to name our daughter Emine.

Defne looked into the old face and looked for traces of displeasure and anger on it. But there weren't. Only surprise.

"Nice name," said Mister Hulusi. It is very important for Omer. Only I don't understand why you are so alarmed.

Defne clasped her fingers together and squeezed them so that her knuckles turned white. How difficult it is to directly ask a person about the innermost. An error, which he probably does not consider as such. Defne made up her mind and said:

- Wouldn't that be a problem for you?

- A problem? - Mr. Hulusi shook his head and answered with confidence. - It won't, daughter. My pride and self-esteem are long gone. Now I regret that I once succumbed to them and offended a beautiful woman. If I could turn back the past years, I would have acted differently. But this is impossible. I can only repent and ask for forgiveness for my words and actions.

Defne breathed a sigh of relief and a smile appeared on her face. Impulsively kissed the old man's hand, she exclaimed:

- Allah! How glad I am! When Mrs. Neriman said that you would be unhappy, I was so scared. I want Emine to come to a world where everyone will love her. I want her name to be pronounced with joy, not with anger.

- So it will be, daughter! Neriman talks nonsense. Don't listen to her, - Mr. Hulusi reassured his daughter-in-law. And then, frowning, he asked: - And where did you see Neriman?

- She works in Passionis as a driver, - Defne answered, and the old man's eyes went to his forehead in surprise.

- A driver? He asked. - In Passionis?

- Yes! Drives Koray, - she confirmed and added: - You know, he is now the director of concepts. He's got a car, but he can't drive. So he got himself a driver. Mrs. Neriman. My car broke down yesterday, and Omer was at a meeting. Koray generously gave me his car ... and the driver.

- Allah! The world has turned upside down! Koray director, you are the owner of a company, and Neriman is the driver.

Mister Hulusi laughed with a croaking laugh. He even had tears in his eyes. Defne echoed him cheerfully.

"I need to see this," said grandfather, wiping away his tears.

- No problem - Defne winked conspiratorially at him. - Come to the presentation in the evening and see everything with your own eyes.

- What! This is an idea! - agreed to the old man. "Seeing Neriman as Koray's driver is like the Queen of England serving as a maid. Such a performance cannot be missed.

- Oh, how right you are! - Cheerfully supported his daughter-in-law and rose from the chair. - I have to go. We need to prepare for the evening. I will look forward to seeing you at the presentation.

- Daughter, can I take Mrs.Turkan with me?

Defne's eyes turned into saucers in surprise.

- Grandma? She asked.

"Yes," the old man confirmed and winked at her cheerfully. "She should never miss such a sight.

- Yes, of course, take her! - Defne agreed. - But ... you are responsible for her behavior! If she disrupts the show, then I have nothing to do with it, and you will answer to Omer and Sinan.

- Agreed, - agreed on Mr. Hulusi. His aged eyes burned with lively impatience, and even his face looked younger by several years.

Going to the presentation, Defne, dressed in a black dress that was flared from the chest, which hid her belly, sat by the mirror and applied the final touches - she put on the necklace of fire opals, tinted her lips, sprinkled her favorite perfume on her wrists and neck. Omer, completely ready to leave, stood behind and watched his wife's manipulation. From time to time she cast thoughtful glances at him in the mirror.