10: Being a 341 year-old Freshman Sucks

Once upon a time, in a kingdom far far away there was a lonely girl that sat in her room all day. She was waiting for the right man to save her. She didn't want anyone special, just a man with a decent personality.

That girl was me. I have been waiting for over 300 years for someone to save me from this mortal world. I really want to go back home. Over my time on Earth, I have met several people, including many famous authors of the books I love. I have burned through many novels and series, animes, TV shows, cartoons, and various other ways of entertainment.

It seems that the only thing I require to do is to fall in love. This was harder than I thought. All the guys seem to piss me off or have a terrible personality. Of course, I have tried girls as well, but those relationships didn't really work out. (They called me a "loveless monster")

This was freshman year of high school. No one ever really notices that I have been in the class for the second or third year in a row. They never question it because I look like a freshman, and that's all that matters. People also don't really question because I don't have any friends. Sure, call me a "loner" or "loser", but it would be too suspicious to my friends if I wouldn't advance. The teachers don't question it either.

I sit down at my usual seat. I take out my notebook and start writing down the homework assignment for today. "Hey," someone says. "That's my seat."

"I'm sorry?" I reply. I don't look at them.

"You're sitting in my seat," they say. I finally decide to look up. A buff-looking guy stares down at me. He has an intimidating aura.

"I doubt these girls would want you around them," I say. "And, besides, this has been my seat for years."

"Look at the board, dumbass," he says while pointing towards the whiteboard.

I squint my eyes. I can make out his name written on the new seating plan. It was where I was currently seated. I snap my fingers. "Look again, dumbass," I mock him.

"Wha- How? My name was in there just a couple of moments ago!" he yells.

"Guess the teacher changed their minds," I say casually. He huffs and walks away. I turn back towards my notebook.

I go back to solving the answers for tonight's homework. "Hi!" I hear someone else say. The voice comes from behind me. "Thanks for saving us."

I turn around. I smile widely and say, "No worries. No one wants him around."

She giggles. "Do you want to be my friend?" she asks.

I shake my head. "Sorry, I don't exactly do friends," comes my reply.

She looks at me with a shocked expression. She mumbled about how I was going to regret rejecting her friendship proposal. I didn't think it could get much worse than her burning down my house.

A couple of months later, she humiliated me in an assembly. I tolerated it. She sent the police to my house. I tolerated it. She cheated off me in an exam. I tolerated it. I snapped when the second round of police came to my house.

They asked me if my parents were home. I said no, like last time. I told them they went shopping and wouldn't be back for another 1 to 2 hours. I slammed the door shut. "Ginger!" I yelled. I heard a knock on my door.

The tall policeman came inside. "How old are you really?"

"I'm rather sensitive when talking about my age," I reply.

"If I tell you mine, will you tell me yours?"

"Sure, youngster," I say cockily.

"What makes you so sure that you're older?" he replies.