Bloody Chicken

Waking up in the dorms again felt incredibly foreign considering it has only been a summer. The sheets seemed to itch a little more and the sounds of the lake had become more apparent. Draco woke up rubbing his eyes, noticing the other beds were empty and made already. Quickly getting out of the dark wooden bed and stepping onto the cold stone floor sent a familiar shiver up his spine. "Am I that late?"

As he rushed out of the common room still tying his tie around his neck and trying to put his hair in place he wondered how this year would end up. There was so much potential, so many possibilities, it just was up to him to pursue them.

Draco rounded the corner into the Great Hall and spotted his friends already laughing at the Slytherin Table. He took one deep breath, smoothed his robe, and took a seat at his normal spot right next to Pansy.

"Well look who finally decided to get out of bed!" Pansy laughed, passing a bowl of eggs to him. Draco noticed her hair was a lot more, put together, it was straighter but also shinner. He muttered thanks and began platting the eggs.

"Our Care of Magical Creatures lesson is today," Blaise said rolling his eyes as he handed Draco their new schedules, "Bit of a shame but if it's with the Gryffindor's I'm sure we'll have fun,"

"Potter better hope there's no dementors around, wouldn't want him fainting again," Draco smirked standing up to demonstrate Harry passing out. The table laughed and Draco gleamed at the attention.

"Guys, the golden trio is finally here," Crabbe giggled pointing towards the door. Draco looked over to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione all swinging their arms with a huge smile on their faces as they walked into the Great Hall as if they owned the bloody place.

"Hey, Potter!" Pansy shrieked, "Potter! The Dementors are coming, Potter! Woooo!" Her face lit up as she watched Harry sit down at the Gryffindor, visibly annoyed.

The Slytherin table erupted in laughter once again as they all began pretending to faint in response. Draco smiled at his friends and then looked down the table to see Adrian motioning for him to come over. Carefully, Draco folded his schedule and made his way over and sat down next to Adrian who had been scribbling potential quidditch plays.

"I'm not sure if you've heard but our first match of the season is against Gryffindor..." He sighed. Draco wanted to scream but also wanted to run to the quidditch pitch right now and start practicing.

"Do you think we can take them?" Draco questioned Harry at the Gryffindor table. Beating the boy who lived would mean everything to him, and finally, prove to people he should be taken seriously.

"What kind of question is that Malfoy,"

Draco looked up to see Marcus Flint sitting down right in front of him. Draco's heart sank but he bit his lip and nodded a greeting.

"I fell asleep before the sorting ceremony and no one bothered to even wake me I see," Marcus grunted glaring at Adrian who pushed the napkin he had been scribbling on into his pocket.

"We thought it would be best not to w-"

"Whatever," Marcus interrupted, "Anyways we are practicing every night this week to prepare for the match, and if we don't win.." Marcus glared at Draco, "We will know who to blame,"

Marcus stood up from the table and walked to the other side of the Great Hall where he sat with some of the year seven Slytherin girls. Though the conversation was over Draco could feel Marcus's eyes focused on Adrian.

"We'll talk later," Adrian murmured standing up and taking a seat right next to Marcus who smacked him on the back and begun speaking loudly to him.