001

It was a bright day, I can remember clearly how our feet struck the earth, the bird's song echoing through the trees with the ocean waves kissing its shores. I and my friend were playing throughout the open field, We laughed letting the air enter our small lungs and the wind slide gently across our chubby pink cheeks. After all that playing and exploring we had not noticed how late it was—I wish I had. We were playing a game of hide and seek; Itadori my friend was the one to hide and I was to seek, I giggled with my eyes covered while the soul of his feet sprinted away from me. " 8,9,10, ready or not here I come!." And I was off.

Minutes passed with no sign of him anywhere, like the forest had swallowed him whole like a sperm whale hunting for food in the wild, and as I searched the darker and more terrifying the land became until I became lost myself.

I looked up to see the rain pour from the sky, the tears of the clouds slammed hard against my face, tears of frustration mixing along with as it went down and dissolved into the earth. "Itadori !" I yelled as I walked but no answer, I had gotten desperate at this point; afraid of how the people would react knowing I was the cause of him missing. I entered a cave to escape the cold and wet rain and then I remember.

That urban legend that I had seen the other day, "A devil with the devil " the scripture read, I was advanced at my age, learning things that were only taught to 12-year-olds when I was only 6.
"He can be summoned with fresh human or animal blood, draw a circle with two triangles facing the opposite direction of each other; when there is a deal there must be a trade, if there is was nothing to trade a part of your soul will be kept as an exchange. A picture showed what the supreme begin; sitting upon a throne made of human skulls with a smirk on his face. I then went home after reading that book; I wish I had not found it in the first palace.

I watched my blood pour from the cut on my palms that I had made with a sharp nearby cave rock. " as the dead may feast on the living devils that live off the weak please hear my call" I chanted my eyes closed shut. It was all black until torches lit up one by one leading up to his throne, a hand rested against his cheek as he wore a lazy smirk " now look who's entered the lion's den " he mocked " some low life human child who couldn't solve her problem so she wants a devil to do it" I hid my face in shame.

" Will you do it? " I asked hopefully, " what would I get in return?" He asked and I stood quiet "anything —I just want my friend back" I spoke as he hummed." Here's the deal kid, when it's your 20th birthday you become mine to claim, you'll then birth an heir for me and that friend do yours shall die so that I can claim his body and walk the earth" I didn't quite understand what he meant at the time but yet I still agree because I was only six.

Then everything turns black. I opened my eyes to see myself in bed with itadori. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do that to you itadori, that was very selfish of me but it was needed to be done for my family's sake," I said crying myself to sleep.

Now to the present to where I now sat with the child of a man I never thought I would ever learn to love, " well, aren't you sleepy today" I whispered to his sleeping figure " tomorrow I continue the rest, sleep well now" I mumbled as my gazed fell outside through the window.