Chapter 1

Charlie

Treat people with kindness! Treat people with kindness!

Charlie repeats through gritted teeth glaring at the pieces of his phone on the floor.

He had just got back from a morning walk in the woods that surrounded this beautiful cabin, it had been relaxing and peaceful having some alone time, before his phone rang.

It had been his manager telling him that she had organised, without his knowledge, an interview with a local journalist who wanted to do a life as Jax Teller piece for a magazine

"No, no, no NO!!!" He had yelled into the phone, then smashed it against the wall, dropping to the floor in a million pieces.

Dammit! Suppose I will have to get a new one now. He thought, striding past the rubble to go shower.

He leans back, resting his head against the tiled wall, allowing the hot water drenching his muscular body, smoothing his hair back. He had let it grow out a little since being away, not really bothered about his appearance.

Covering his body in soap, still getting used to seeing bare skin again after having all the fake tattoos covering the tanned flesh.

For six years, he had lived and breathed Jax Teller on the Sons of Anarchy.

Of course he had loved the role, the people he met and the opportunity that had been given to him, and the boost to his career.

But now he was finding it hard to break free from the persona. It didn't help that everyone wanted him to be the suave biker with the sexy swagger all the time. Charlie had lost count of the amount of times women and some guys, that had approached him wanting to have sex but as Jax.

They didn't seem to care for Charlie. His manager had also advised him that after the article was done he needed to make his way back to LA for some follow up character photo shoot for the magazine. Telling him he had been away long enough and for the sake of his career, he better return asap.

Charlie had argued with her as it had only been a few weeks since he left and that he needed more time. But she ignored his pleas and demanded he do this or she would make things very difficult for him.

After rinsing off and wrapping a towel around his waist, he pulls out something to wear, sighing heavily at the thought of dressing like Jax Teller, again.

He had auditioned for a few roles that were very different from the biker character but all they seem to see is Jax rather than what other talents Charlie could contribute to a role.

A couple of directors had given him loads of support but they only had the rougher roles which they thought would best suit him. So he decided to get away from Hollywood for a bit, to try and figure out who Charlie Hunnam was again. He had successfully managed to avoid just about everybody for the last few weeks by having everything he needed delivered directly to the cabin.

Until now.

Now he was having to drive to the small town, about thirty miles away, to meet a journalist and slap on a happy face.

*******

Maggie

Maggie winces as a loud crashing noise from the other end crosses the phone line and into her ear.

She assumes Charlie was a bit upset after she informed him that she has organised a meeting with the journalist.

Leaning back in the big executive office chair, she gazes out her office window overlooking the city.

Maggie hadn't meant to be a pain in the arse, but she had thought this would help him get past the slump he was currently in.

The journalist, Shelby Winters, a local girl, had been recommended by some colleagues. Apparently her articles were a work of art and she had a way with people, getting them to be open and honest.

Maggie had decided Shelby will be perfect in assisting Charlie in getting back his mojo. She had also forwarded her a list of conditions on what could and couldn't put in the article.

He will thank me when it's all done, I'm sure, she thought, smiling to herself.

Charlie

Parking his car outside a small cafe, Charlie looks around the place.

There were a few people sitting out on the deck having a bite to eat with their families.

Once inside, Charlie walks over to the counter, where a lady was making coffee.

"What can I get ya?" She asks, without looking up.

"Nothing thank you," he replies, in his husky english tone. "But I'm hoping you can help me, I'm looking for Shelby Winters? Would you be able to tell me if she's here?" He asks, leaning on the counter top.

Her head shot up in recognition of Charlie's smooth tone, losing all concentration on the coffee.

"You're....the guy...you're....Jax!" She says, getting rather excited.

Resisting the urge to roll his eyes, instead he corrects her.

"Charlie actually but yes I played Jax."

"Oooo wait until Sheryl hears about this, she is going to be so jealous that I got to meet you first!" She squeals.

Charlie smiled.

He did appreciate the fans, he really did. It's just that sometimes he would like less attention all of the time.

Before he could say anything more, she moves out from behind the serving area and puts his arms around her waist, holds out a phone and starts taking pictures.

Slowly untangling himself from her and puts a little space between them, before asking again about Shelby Winters.

"Oh sure, yeah she's over there. The brunette with red highlights in the corner." She replies, not really interested now that she got her picture with "Jax Teller".

Well, that was a bit rude, Charlie thinks to himself as he makes his way to the girl hiding in the corner and away from the woman as she frantically posts her pictures of them together on social media.

Charlie didn't have any social media accounts, he left that up to his manager and publicist. He dabbled once when he was younger but quickly realised it was not a nice place and came across far too many nasty individuals.

As he approaches Shelby, Charlie takes a few seconds to drink her in.

"Hi, are you Shelby?" He asks before a set of amazing emerald eyes look up at him.