Chapter 2

Shelby

For the past half hour, in between sips of her coffee, Shelby has been sitting in the cafe, staring at the questions for her interview with Charlie, now feeling a little nervous.

She had been thrilled when Charlie's agent had called and told her to do the article.

Since the public meltdown Hunnam had had in a restaurant in LA, Shelby knew there must be more to it than what the tabloids had portrayed.

Now even more intrigued by him, she had attempted to get a shot at writing the perfect article about him, not just Jax but the man behind the character. All the calling and emailing his agent had got her nowhere, until now.

A couple of days ago, about 7am in the morning, Shelby had still been in bed after a night out on the town with her friends, when she heard her phone ringing.

Grabbing it from the nightstand, she places it to the vicinity of her ear.

"Hello?" Not bothering to hide her sleepy state or open her eyes.

"Is this Shelby Winters?" The voice enquires.

"Yep, who's this?" She replies, struggling to open her eyes.

"This is Maggie Turner, Charlie Hunnam's agent. I understand you are interested in doing an article on him, is this still the case?"

Suddenly hit with the realisation that she was finally getting her opportunity to interview Charlie, she bolts upright and swings her legs over the side of the bed, taking the sheets that are tangled around them.

"YES!"

An awkward silence developes from the other end of the line. Smacking her forehead, as she tries to recover and more professional.

"Yes, I would be honoured to write the piece on Charlie."

Shelby wonders if Maggie is starting to regret the decision of agreeing to giving her a chance.

"Okay, good. I will let him know when and where to meet you. Then I will forward you a copy of some terms and conditions for the interview, basically dos and don'ts. I am trusting that you will do a brilliant job and assist Charlie out of his slump so he can high tail it back to LA. Do not disappoint me."

With the last word out, the line goes dead.

No pressure then, Shelby thinks looking at her phone.

But then seconds later, her excitement sets in, and she's dancing about her bedroom. Now she can finally write a great article for Charlie.

Right from the moment he had appeared on the show, Sons of Anarchy, with his lopsided grin, swagger and charm, Shelby was hooked.

But not in a doe eyed way, more curiosity. Don't get her wrong, she acknowledges the fact Charlie is gorgeous, seemingly sweet and an all round nice guy.

And single, her Aunt's voice intrudes on her sudden hot thoughts of the dirty blonde haired, sexy dude.

Shaking her head with a smile on her lips. She has to be professional as she's put a lot of effort into this meet and greet moment.

"Hi, are you Shelby?" A deep tone breaking the silence around her.

Shelby looks up to see Charlie standing before her, dressed in a pair of tight fitting black skinny jeans, clearly enforcing the shape of his thick thighs, and a tan woollen jumper with a roll neck, showing the outline of his toned torso and arms. He looks fabulous.

Charlie's brow furrows at her delay in response. "Are you okay?" He asks, pulling out a chair opposite her.

"Sorry, yes that is me, I mean I'm Shelby." She stammers, standing up to stick out her hand.