009

As the doors close Gilbert calms down just a little. "Hi Anne," He says walking closer to her. "Hi, Gil" Anne say sweetly, blushing hoping Gilbert can't tell, she points to the chair adjacent to her motioning that he should sit down. Gilbert sits down and scratches the back of his neck. Oh, how Anne loves when he does that. "I've been meaning to tell you something," he says nervously. "Yea and what is that," Anne says wondering if what she thinks he is going to say is right. "Well, I have to tell you something too". "Oh now do you," Gilbert says now intrigued. 

"Yes I do," Anne says nervous that she now has to confess her love because how could she lie to Gilbert Blythe. "How about you go first," Anne says too nervous to goo first. Gilbert sighs and says "I know you might be mad about this but I don't want it to change anything".  Anne tensing up scared that she might not know what Gilbert is about to say. "Don't worry gil nothing will ever change our wonderful friendship" Anne says reassuring Gilbert that he can say what he wants. "Ok, well-i-umm I-well like you" Anne's eyes go wide she's speechless Gilbert quickly adding "I totally understand if you don't like me back it okay I-" I like you too," Anne says reassuring Gilbert. Anne looks up from fidgeting with her dress and sees Gilbert grinning the widest grin. " But really, you like me," Anne says confused wondering how someone could like her but not being mad about it. "Yes, of course I like you silly," he says, excited to finally be able to show affection to this girl he has loved for so long.

Anne and Gilbert both get up and walk towards each other, now standing inches apart. They can both feel the tension but both knowing it's a little too early to kiss. How he loves her star freckles and fire hair. How she loves his curly hair and cute smile. They both step in and embrace themselves in the tightest hug either one has ever experienced. " I love you, Anne". "I love you Gil". smiling looking into each other's eyes.  But being startled when the doors burst open with Cole saying "FINALLY YOU GUYS CONFESSED, IT TOOK LONG ENOUGH"! everyone else following behind him laughing at the new couple. Both Anne and Gilbert realizing that they had most likely listened to their whole conversation. Anne still wrapped in Gilbert's arms smiling the biggest smile, happy that this boy she loves so much is finally hers. "Guys it's movie time y'all can cuddle during the movie," Diana says eagerly wanting to watch the movie. Gilbert realizing he is still holding onto her lets go of Anne and everyone goes outside for the movie the girls giggling while Anne tells them everything she just experienced. 

She glances at Gilbert and they lock eyes. Both realizing how lucky they are that they are now together. Anne wondering why she had been so oblivious. Gilbert pondering why he had not thought about shooting his shot. Both realizing it fine because now they have each other.

a/n I'm sorry this was kinda short and not that great I'm trying to get better at writing please leave comments or suggestions on how I can grow❤️ and thoughts on shirbert💛