.One.

"Miss Seo! Miss Seo!"

Harin looks up from her laptop in surprise. An eight-year-old girl sprints in her direction, eyes wide and disappointed.

"Jihyun?" She frowns, closing the laptop. "What's wrong?"

Jihyun stops in front of her, panting slightly from running. "My arm keeps falling off." She pouts, showing Harin her stump of a left arm; the sleeve of her shirt almost completely engulfs it.

Realization hits, and Harin chuckles. She sets her device aside before standing from her seat, smoothing out her scrubs and looking at the girl. "Alright Sweetheart, where'd you put it?"

"I left it in my room." Jihyun points with her right hand down the hallway.

Harin nods and starts walking with the little girl, searching for the correct room number.

"I wasn't even doing anything, but it kept slipping off." She hears Jihyun say. She can hear the pout in her voice. "I don't know what's wrong with it."

"It's probably not adjusted correctly." She says. "I'll help you get it on properly, okay?" The little girl nods. Other doctors and nurses greet her and Jihyun as they make their way down the hallway to the right room. Her tennis shoes squeak against the linoleum and the bright, fluorescent lights glare harshly in her vision— making everything vibrantly pop out like a 3d children's story book.

They enter, and on the white bed is a hyper-realistic child's prosthetic arm. Jihyun runs over to pick it up and hand it over to Harin, which she happily accepts. "Okay, go sit on the chair over there and I'll figure out what's wrong with it." Jihyun nods and plops herself on one of the visitor chairs, bouncing slightly as she watches Harin work away at the arm.

She pulls her eyebrows together as she examines it. These types of prosthetics are specifically created for the person it is provided for. They look completely like a normal limb; the only way to truly tell is if one were to find the separation between the skin and socket.

The fingers of the arm suddenly start moving, and Harin sighs. "Jihyun, can you turn off your PR?"

"Oops, sorry." The little girl reaches behind her ear and unhooks what looks like a hearing aid. The arm immediately shuts down, reverting back to its stagnant state. Prosthetic Receptors are unable to give its person sensory attributes, but it allows for them to move their artificial limb like normal. With that, Harin takes out one of her mini flashlights from her pocket to look into the socket.

Immediately, she notices three loose panels that are supposed to keep the arm attached to the stump. She makes her way to a medical cabinet next to the nightstand and grabs a screw driver. After a few minutes of adjusting, she gets them back in place and help Jihyun slip it back on.

"There you go." Harin says, smiling once they get it fully secure. Jihyun giggles and turns her PR back on. The fingers of the arm come to life, and she moves them in excitement.

"Thank you Miss Seo!" She says before bolting through the door; most likely going back to the pediatric section of the facility to play with the other kids. Harin starts cleaning up in the room, putting back screws and closing trays. The smell of antiseptic and bleach makes her smile as she does so. This is why she's here.

The Recreational Institute of Technological Advancement, or RITA, is much like a hospital. The only difference is that doctors and scientists here specialize in prosthetics and artificial intelligence. People who have gotten into severe accidents or acquire chronic conditions that result in amputations come here in order to be fitted for prosthetics and sent through physical therapy.