𝕊𝕝𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕟'𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕔𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕕 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕠

I have one question. 

Why is Snape Slytherin's hero ?

This is why people think he's a hero: 

- He was working with Dumbledore all along! He didn't want to be a death eater!

- Every bad thing he did can be excused by the fact that he loved Lily!

No offense, but the two of them are incredibly wrong and stupid. Hear me out, okay ?

First of all, if you think that "He was working with Dumbledore all along and blablabla", the only reason he did this, is because Voldy-Moldy started targeting the people he "loved".
 As mentioned in the first chapter, if Egghead chose the Longbottoms, he would have stayed with the Death Eaters without a care in the world.
But nope, Freaky-eyes decided that he wanted the Potters dead and that's the only reason Snape changed sides. 

Actually who am I kidding, it's not even the fact that Moldyshorts chose the Potters , it's because he chose Lily.
Because yes, who cares that a 21 years old man who was finally completely happy, and a 1 YEAR OLD who had his whole life in front of him, dies ? Not Snape. 

Secondly, he didn't LOVE Lily. He was OBSESSED with her. Plus, even if he wasn't obsessed with her, do you want me to remind you what he called her in fifth year ? A MUDBLOOD. You don't call somebody you LOVE the m-word! He apologised, yes, but do apologies really change something?
In my case, not really. If you bumped into me, and you apologised, then yeah, that's okay.
But in her case, I look at it this way, your heart is like a wooden board. The insult, is when somebody enters a nail in it. The apology, is when somebody takes the nail out. Yes, the nail is out, yes, but the hole is still here. And the hole will always be here.
That's why I think that apologies are a bit useless. But anyways, as I was saying, if you loved someone, you won't insult them so badly just because you want to look good for your housemates. 

Now why I think that Snape doesn't deserve to be the hero of Slytherin. 

- He bullied little kids to make himself feel better

- He bullied Harry because JAMES used to hex him when they were at school and because he was a living proof that Lily chose James, not him.  

- He became Neville's worst fear, even though the boy has seen his parents being tortured into insanity, his whole family was mean to him (always telling hum he was worthless, pushing him off buildings just so he can show his magic, etc), his own parents don't remember him and I could go on for ages. You would think his worst fear would be one of those, right? Nope. IT'S HIS DUMBASS TEACHER. 

- He would still be eating death with Voldypants if it wasn't for Lily, so he's a coward, and last time I checked, heroes weren't supposed to be cowards. he actually said that he did not care about teh fate of James or Harry

- He invented dark spells when he was still at school. So he was under 17 years old. Am I really the only one who saw this as bad?

- He compared torturing an innocent girl to the marauders pranks

- And I could really go on for ages but we'll still be here for five hundred years or so

So after reading all these, can you tell me that he's really a hero?

Now there are people who DESERVE to be Slytherin's heroes

-nominee number one: Regulus Black: At 18 years old, he WILLINGLY (not because that dude, (snake?) who's weirdly obsessed with the Potters target his ex-best friend) drinks a torture potion and dies alone in a cave so that some day, someone will be able to defeat previously mentioned dude.
What was Snape doing at 18 years old ? Having tea with the man who's engaged to the Unforgivable curses. 

 - Horace Slughorn: Even if he did so reluctantly, he shows Harry a part of his past he's kept hidden for years, even from himself, which is a key part of defeating Voldyshorts.
The only reason Snape showed his memories to Harry is because he wanted to make him believe that he's a good guy, when he's not. 

- Narcissa Malfoy looks The-evilest-wizard-that-we-have-ever-seen-yet-throw-some-love-and-he'll-run-like-a-mouse-from-a-cat, a man who is not only notoriously evil but also has the ability to read minds, right in the eye and lies to him for the chance to save her son.
How much do we bet that Snape would have never accepted to be a spy if he wasn't good at Occlumency because he always want to be safe ?

- Andromeda Tonks: She never let her parents beliefs affect her or change her, because she knows that blood doesn't matter, and she marries a man she loved not a man who is a pure blood.
Her entire family is killed by the hand of her sister and some other death eaters and she still finds the strength to go on and be a guardian to her orphaned grandchild.
What did Snape do when the only person he cared about died? He bullied her orphaned child of course, that's the most logical answer ever.

And you people really chose Snape to be your hero ? 

That's all I have today. If you find some strong arguments to explain your point of view, please comment, and we'll have a civilised debate with you. 

See ya all next time, Jess