Electro-charged

Childe is such a pain in the ass and Scaramouche is obviously not the only person that thinks this as he can see the relieved expression on the other harbingers' face as her majesty Tsaritsa orders him and Childe to venture out. Apparently, there had been weird sightings of ruin guards running around together in Shneznaya borders. How peculiar.

Obviously, Tsaritsa had tried to probe Dottore for information as he was the kind of person to be interested in such thing but it turned out he knew nothing after all. Scaramouche was kind of hoping he could switch places with Dottore and not have to hang around this idiot ginger all day.

But unless her majesty the Tsaritsa herself commands him to do so, there is absolutely nothing Scaramouche can do.

In the end, Scaramouche and Childe find themselves in the middle of nowhere snow mountain.

It wasn't a particularly special mountain either. It was snowy, like every mountain on Shneznaya. It was cold and unbearable, like every mountain on Shneznaya. The white snow stretched out for what seemed like an eternity. Considering Shneznaya... it probably was.

"Pure white snow, what a nice scenery and..." Childe spoke with that annoying smile of his Scaramouche grew a bit too used to see, sadly, "a perfect background for a bloodshed."

"Don't get too hasty you brat," Scaramouche spoke, his voice was muffled due to the scarf he wore over him to keep the sheer cold away. He was annoyed, all Childe ever thought about was fighting, why could he not think about... literally anything else for five seconds? "We are not here to fight everything with a heartbeat. Tsaritsa ordered that we take out those ruin guards, we will do that and leave. I don't want to waste more than necessary time on you and your antics."

As short as Scaramouche was, he was much older than Childe and was appointed as a harbinger way before him. Therefore, he was his superior and senior. Scaramouche wouldn't say it out loud, but he did enjoy pushing and ordering others around, Childe being one of his favourites to do so as he could easily tell the younger harbinger got easily annoyed whenever he did that.

Childe generally disliked the rest of the harbingers, mostly because they "spent their days with worthless scheming and manoeuvring" as he liked to say. But Scaramouche felt that he could annoy the brat much easier than the rest of the harbingers, and he took great joy in doing so.

"You are no fun. No fun at all, comrade." Childe said, shaking his head to the side with a rather disappointed look.

Now, it wasn't Scaramouche's fault that he'd rather be at home relaxing than chasing these archon forsaken monsters and whatever else this bloodthirsty child may see in the middle of a snowstorm.

Sometimes Scaramouche wonders where the hell Childe finds this infinite amount of energy from.

Scaramouche is about to make another snarky remark to the brat when his eyes caught something. An orange light slowly but steadily heading their way. It appeared Childe had noticed it too.

Through the snowstorm, another orange light appeared, and another, and another and another... until there was about twenty-two of them.

Scaramouche looked at the mechanic monsters of the abyss with an almost bored expression on his face but his vision glowed, most likely reacting to its owner's emotions.

Scaramouche has always been very two-faced, unlike Childe who was very straightforward most of the time if you compare him with the other harbingers. His face portrayed emotions that Scaramouche chose to hide at all times, something that surprised the sixth harbinger. I mean, there were times you could not get anything done without some scheming- how the hell did Childe get around with that sort of attitude?

Either way, there was one thing he could never deny no matter how much he hated Childe. The eleventh harbinger was truly skilled when it came to fighting.

With an excited grin on his face, Childe shot forward, the water blades of his shimmering. His way of fighting was elegant yet ruthless, merciless. The blades slashed through the metal mercilessly.

Scaramouche himself wasn't too bad either. The sixth harbinger had an electro vision, one that he kept hidden. 

There are seven elements in Tevyat and different reactions they provoke. One might argue that electro goes well with nearly all elements, but it truly is hard to deny how well electro and hydro go together. 

Being ferocious warriors, it takes both of them... perhaps about three minutes or less to take down seventeen of the ruin guards. If they had both used their delusions gifted to them by the Tsaritsa, such a thing would take less than ten seconds. The strength of one harbinger is not to be reckoned with, especially when they use their delusion. But two harbingers? You better find a hole to hide in.

It also helps that Balladeer and Tartaglia have always been weirdly good at fighting together, at cooperating, at teaming up... despite what people think as these two are always bickering, almost like a married couple. Perhaps it is the synergy their visions have but even a single flaw in their fighting is hard to see. Two warriors that haven't fought together can not maintain such order and elegance no matter how hard they try for they aren't used to one another. That is not the case for Scaramouche and Childe. If it was... let's say, Signora and Dottore, yes, you'd easily see many flaws in their fighting. But these two are used to it.

The electro strikes the machines down from their weak points, the hydro blades cut down the machines with surprising ease and elegance as electro only enhances each hit Childe makes. 

"Hmph, would have thought you are out of commission since all you ever do is scheme and run around ominously, nice to see you haven't completely forgotten how to fight dear senior!" Childe and Scaramouche are back to back now, the remaining ruin guards form a circle around them but neither of the harbingers seem distraught by the enemies surrounding them. If anything, Scaramouche looks much more annoyed with Childe. 

"Shut it and focus at the task at hand before I throw you towards one of these so they can bomb you to death, but you'd get off from that, wouldn't you shithead?" Scaramouche's annoyance is easily evident, which only makes Childe want to continue teasing his senior more. Scaramouche sometimes thinks of Childe as a ball. An ugly ball. No matter how much you throw it at the wall, the ball eventually comes back. Used to throw tomatoes who squish from the impact, Scaramouche usually finds himself at a loss of what to do when it comes to the matter of getting Childe to be less annoying.

Childe only laughs joyously, if it was not for the fact that it was this idiot bastard, Scaramouche could've thought of the laughter as 'cute'. But nothing about that disgusting Tartaglia could be described with good adjectives.

Scaramouche rolls his eyes at the thought of Childe being 'cute'. Where did that even come from?