Chapter 79: The Prisoner's Cell

Old Tom was unconscious in the infirmary on the third floor. The passageway that led to the cells was also on the third floor.

These two reasons were enough for Kieran to want to visit the third floor again and Jack accompanied him there.

He would have preferred to go alone, but once he thought about the cameras in the corridors, he frowned.

Even with his Pro Level [Undercover] Skill, he still would not have been able to move freely. He was not invisible after all.

The arrangement of the guards had been changed as well, because the Warden wanted to catch Old Tom's accomplices.

Two guards were standing there without the slightest hint of a smile on their faces. They inspected everyone that set foot on the third floor, hoping to catch the culprits.

Looking at the new arrangement, Kieran shook his head in silent disagreement. He doubted that this method would lead to the arrest of Old Tom's accomplices.

Not the very men who had caused all that chaos back there and succeeded in luring the Deputy Warden out and killing him. Those men were nothing if not vigilant.

Even if they knew that Old Tom was still alive, they would not just show up there without a reason.

The presence of the two guards at the entrance didn't matter at all. Kieran, who had only visited the third floor once, still remembered all the security there, let alone the culprits, who had carefully planned how to lure the Deputy Warden out and kill him.

They would definitely use a different way to approach Old Tom. Kieran was sure of it. Even if it was for their own safety, or just to make sure that Old Tom would protect their secret against the Warden's interrogation methods.

Kieran leaned more towards the latter. If the accomplices had decided to kill off Old Tom, why would he choose to protect them once he realized he'd been betrayed?

If Kieran had been in Old Tom's place and he'd been betrayed by his own accomplices, he would have dragged them down to hell with him.

As for the extreme, merciless interrogation methods of the Warden, Kieran believed he would use them. The Warden had been holding himself back, but his sense of blood was not fooling Kieran's senses.

After two times in a dungeon and enough bloody scenes, Kieran had already familiarized himself with the smell of blood and had a sharp nose for it. It had almost become a second instinct to him.

"What method will they use? Create more chaos to divert everyone's attention? No, it wouldn't work. After the last incident, everyone has been on high alert, and the two guards by the entrance must have definitely been ordered by the Warden not to leave their post, no matter what. Even if they could successfully get rid of the guards though, the cameras would still record them!"

Kieran could not think of any way for someone to sneak into the third floor unnoticed. No matter the method he tried to entertain, anyone would eventually get caught.

Unless it was someone who could become invisible, or some kind of ghost killer. But how was that even possible?

Kieran dismissed his thoughts without confirming his speculations.

The [Knitted Talisman] caused even more doubts to form inside his mind.

Without any more proof to back up his speculations, he was stuck in a void. He took a long, deep breath before another thought popped up into his mind.

It was about the Warden.

"The Warden is definitely not stupid. He has to know that he will never catch the accomplices with that new measure. Yet, he still ordered it, because... He does not need to do anything! All he has to do is wait for Old Tom to regain his consciousness and then the truth will be revealed!"