House on Haunted Hill

FADE IN:

EXT. BEACH – NIGHT

A crescent moon illuminates the star-filled sky, the ocean water reflects this. There is nothing but silence, the only sound being the random occurrence of waves crash against the beach and then retreating. The camera pulls up to reveal the beach is at the bottom of a very tall hill.

EXT. THE HOUSE – NIGHT

Atop of the hill sits a very large house made almost entirely out of glass. It is three floors high. A majority of the inside can be seen through the glass. The décor is modern and new, looking like it came right off the IKEA assembly line.

INT. THE HOUSE – LIVING ROOM – NIGHT

2009

The living room is large and takes up most of the first floor. There are couches, a large TV, a dining room set, as well as various other pieces of furniture including a fully stocked bar. The rest of the first floor is taken up by the kitchen area and a bathroom. The sound of the front door being unlocked is heard and swings open. DAVID PRITCHARD, late-40s, tall and lean with greying dark hair walks into the house followed by CLAUDIA, early 30s, a beautiful woman, obviously way too young for David. Both are dressed formally.

Claudia

: Ugh, David, what time is it?

David checks his watch.

David

: A quarter to four.

Claudia

: Quarter to four? Oh, that is the last time I go to one of your office parties, baby.

Claudia begins removing her coat and purse while David remains in the middle of the room not looking at her.

David

: Last time I invite you too. Think I didn’t see you eye-fucking Tom from across the room?

Claudia

: Oh, give me a fucking break, David. I’m not even gonna get into it with you right now. I’m going to bed.

David

: I’m gonna make myself a cup of coffee.

Claudia

: Make one for me too.

David begins walking towards the kitchen. Claudia follows.

INT – THE HOUSE – Kitchen – NIGHT

David pulls out the coffee pot from the coffee maker and pours some into a mug while Claudia stands behind him leaning against a counter.

Claudia

: You can’t complain, you don’t work tomorrow. I have to wake up in four hours.

David

: (obviously annoyed) I know, Claudia.

Claudia

: You could‘a stayed there for the whole party. Probably could’ve fucked that little bitch secretary with fake the tits too.

David’s face becomes angered.

Claudia

: What? You think I don’t know these things? I’m not stupid, David. Why don’t you be a man and just admit it, huh?

David grips the coffee mug, his hand trembling from rage.

Claudia

: Maybe you should get with her. Maybe E.D. turns her on. Or is that just with me?