𝟩𝟤 | 𝖲𝖴𝖯𝖯𝖱𝖤𝖲𝖲𝖤𝖣 𝖤𝖬𝖮𝖳𝖨𝖮𝖭𝖲

"I THOUGHT I SAID BE PROACTIVE," Vic asks once his son enters his office

"I THOUGHT I SAID BE PROACTIVE," Vic asks once his son enters his office. After that first SUV started following Corinne, there was another one and another one before they tried to kidnap her when she was going to her car in the parking garage at her mother's building. That taser came in handy. "Where is she now?"

"She at home," Demon says. "And what you doing to get her out of the house? She can't stay in the house forever." Vic crosses his arms. "I know. She hate being alone ever since-" Demon starts. "Ever since what?" Vic asks. "Nun. Never mind."

"She don't like being alone since what, Adonis?" Vic gets serious.

"That day you told me that about Juwan and Cyn, she found out she was pregnant and I didn't care cause I was angry so she went to the doctor the next week alone and they told her she was eleven weeks and she got pictures and everything and she tried to get me to talk to her and I told her we would talk about it later cause the world don't revolve around her and some more stupid shit and she was mad at me so she went to the other room and she ended up having a miscarriage," Demon says, looking down.

He knew Vic was going to be pissed. He wouldn't want anyone treating Katrina like she was an inconvenience because she was pregnant so why would he allow his son to treat somebody's daughter like that even if that somebody was Priest. "I thought I raised you better than that." was the first thing Vic says to his son. He had a million things he wanted to say and ask like where was their protection because he wasn't ready for a baby.

"I know I fucked everything up." Demon tells him. "With how you treated her. Y'all losing the baby wasn't- Y'all not to blame. Nothing was your fault. It just wasn't time for y'all to make me a grandpa just yet." Vic shakes his head before asking, "Is she blaming you?"

"No, I wish she did though." He always suppressed his emotions and avoided allowing people to know how he felt but Corinne didn't, especially with him. She was always in her most vulnerable state with him. He hated he couldn't follow in suit.

He knew he loved her more than life itself but the same mind that processed and appreciated everything Corinne was; wasn't letting him trust her enough to be vulnerable. It was no love in the streets and he was already cutting it too close by being in the streets and in love with her.

To him being in love was one thing but trusting her to know his deepest and darkest secrets were two things because what he harbored could get people killed. If she knew everything about what he did, she would leave him in a heartbeat. Growing up, he wasn't sure how his father was head over heels in love with his mother and didn't trust her. However, he trusted Jackie with his life, and he didn't love and appreciate her how he should've. "What you think that's gone do?" Vic asks.

"Ion know. I just wanna make her feel better. She still wake up crying at night and I can't do shit to fix it." Demon shakes his head. "It's not some you just fix, D. Y'all just gotta talk it out and get through it. Together."

"I don't even feel like it was my baby. Like I know it was my baby too but Ion know it's just...the baby was inside of her and I treated her so bad like I don't deserve to feel it how she do." Demon shrugs. "But you do. You hurt and you feel guilty about her losing the baby. And I know you hate to hear this but...you gotta talk to her. About everything. That's too much for one person and you gone end up folding under pressure."

$ $ $

"Ma, where you at?" Demon asks coming in the house through the garage. "I'm in the kitchen." He hears her say. "What you making?" He asks entering the kitchen seeing her using the kitchen aid. "Mashed potatoes. I got lamb chops in the oven right now." She tells him feeling him put his hands on her waist. "Is this cause my birthday tomorrow?" He asks, kissing her neck.

"Don't nobody care about your birthday." She says when he bites her earlobe. "It's like that?" He laughs sending vibrations through her body. "You'll see in the morning." She tells him holding up the spoon for him to taste it. "What you finna do?"

"I was gone take a quick shower and then hop on the game with gang." He says. "Okay, the food gone be done in thirty minutes so I'll bring you your plate." She tells him. She loved babying him up and he loved to let her. Whether it be cooking and taking him his plate, or just holding him while he slept. She had it bad for him.

"Awe, I talked to my brothers today and they told me Priest deaded that shit with the nigga he was beefing with like in May." She says. "You sure that's just not what he told them? I know how yo brothers are about you and I'm not sure that's some he gone willingly admit some like that." Demon tells her, not realizing he was feeding off her history with Priest being a bad father and pathological liar. "You think so?" She asks looking down. She felt it in her heart that Priest was telling the truth but Demon was her other half.

"That's just a opinion. It's probably not the truth but still." Demon doubted it so Corinne doubted it. "You prolly right. Gotta stick with my first mind right?" She says looking up with her eyes glossy. "Why you crying?"

"Ion know. I just...I just wanted him to do better. He too old for all this and it scares me a lot. He get on my nerves the majority of the time but he still my father. And I still love him. And I still worry about him." She tells him while he wipes her tears away. "Worry about you, mama. I'mma always protect you from every and anything Priest get in to." He was planting the same seed over and over again in her head that her father was to blame for everything that had been happening.

"I love you." He whispers kissing her forehead. "I love you too." She forces a smile looking up at him. "Don't worry about it. I'mma figure this out." He tells her cupping her face to kiss her softly.

"I know you will." She whispers.

Ignorance was bliss and love was blind.