part 3

IT WAS LATE at night and I still couldn't fall asleep. With the VKs here, I had a bad feeling that something was gonna happen. ok And I was right.

The alarms went off in the middle of the night. I didn't know what to do so I sat there, too afraid to get up. When the alarm finally rang silently, I felt my body loosen up. I looked at the dark sky and wondered.

Was this really a good choice?

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

It was now the day. My eyes had heavy bags under them and my head was pounding from the lack of sleep. But the day must go on. I got up and dressed in my daily white dress and neatly set my hair into a messy bun. Lonnie was already in our first class so I met her there. When I walked in, I saw Carlos sitting alone. I guess Fairy Godmother didn't put him in with his friends.

"Alright, class! As you can see, we have a new student joining us today. Please welcome Carlos," Mrs. Spellmen announced.

No one said anything, "No? ok...It looks like we're an odd number so you'll be working with me for any future projects," Carlos looked up as the class laughed at him. I couldn't bear hearing it so I raised my hand.

"Yes, Bella?" Mrs. Spellmen said as she looked up from her computer.

"Carlos can join Lonnie and me for group projects if that's ok with you," I stated. The room went silent as Mrs. Spellmen smiled, "I think that's wonderful, Bella. Thank you,"

I smiled at her and continued my reading for the class. I felt multiple eyes staring at me, but one stuck out.

Carlos.
-

I continued with my classes for the day until Ben asked me to meet him at the tourney field. I agreed not knowing what was going on. It was lunchtime and then I could meet Ben in the field. When I sat down at my regular table, everyone stared at me, "Yes?"

"What you did in class today was wrong," Chad, Cinderella's son, said to me. I laughed at him.

"Being nice? When was that a crime?" I said as I set my sandwich down.

"It always is for them," Audrey said from across from me. I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"Look, I was being nice. I've been taught that everyone deserves a second chance. I mean, do you know who my parents are? My mom forgave my dad and look at them now," I tried to reason with them.

"Those scums don't deserve one," Chad said in disgust. I had enough. I started packing my things, "Where are you going?"

"I'll come back once you stop talking about my friends like that," I said with a fake smile. As I was walking away, I saw Jay sitting with Mal and Evie. He saw everything. I gave him a light nod and made my way to my room where Lonnie was doing her homework.

"Hey, Lonnie," I sighed as I set my stuff down.

"Hey, everything alright?" She asked setting her pencil down.

"Chad and Audrey. They're making me feel bad about what I did for Carlos," I groaned as I fell onto my bed.

"You did a good thing today," Lonnie reassured me, "Carlos seems like a good guy and I'm happy you see that,"

I got up from my bed and headed towards my dresser to pull out shorts and a top, "You're okay with partnering up with him?"

"Of course!" Lonnie said, "I'm not here to judge anyone, I'm here to make friends,"

I smiled at the support she was giving me, "Well, I have to go to the tourney field for Ben. Catch you later!"

"Bye!"
༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶