Chapter 1

It was a rainy monday morning when I was awoken by the sound of my alarm filling the almost empty room.
Slowly I got out of bed and started my morning routine getting ready for a new day, or perhaps a new beginning.
My mother and I had just moved to this new home in Seoul over the weekend, leaving everything we knew back in Bucheon.

The move had been really hard on the both of us and I think we both wanted some rest after all the unpacking, still monday came around and we both had work and school to attend to.
I was glad my mother and I had moved to Seoul, hoping we both could leave all the pain and fear behind and start over.
Hoping for a better but most of all happier live for the both of us out here.
Besides seeing as I didn't have any friends back in Bucheon, there wasn't really anything to leave behind for me.

I was positive this move was the beginning of something great for both me and my mother, still there were some downsides too.
Seeing as we had lived in Bucheon all our lives, we really didn't know a lot of people here in Seoul.
Now in itself that wasn't really a problem since both me and my mom could make acquaintances soon enough.
It did however mean that while it was already terrifying enough to go to a completely new college, I had no one there to help me through those first few weeks.

My mother had mentioned she had an old friend Mrs.Park I believe, who also lived in Seoul about a block away from our house.
She mentioned Mrs.Park had a son my age who went to the same college and that she was sure the boy would help me.
She did however also mention that the boy happened to be an alpha, and with me being a male omega I was very sceptical about alpha's.

Male omega's were very rare in our society, with only 1 in 10,000 omegas being a male.
Omega's in itself produce sweet and intoxicating scents to lure potential mates, these scents are even more potent during heats.
With male omega's however those scents are proven to somehow be even sweeter and even more intoxicating.
This meant that male omega's were often taken advantage of and were at a higher risk to be abducted or jumped by unmated alpha's even if the omega wasn't in heat.

With this knowledge going to a co-ed college really wasn't what I wanted but in the end I had no choice.
A year prior a project had started in Seoul to make it possible for all wolf species to live together in peace.
Because of this project all schools and colleges in Seoul were changed to co-ed schools, meaning that even if I wanted to attend an all omega college it was impossible.
So to mask my scent I doused myself in scent neutralising spray daily and to hide my status I was taking suppressants.
With me also being pretty outspoken and loud this wasn't really a problem as most people always just naturally assumed I was a beta, sometimes even mistaking me for an Alpha.

Still there were some occasions where my scent neutralisers just couldn't mask my scent enough, resulting in some unpleasant confrontations with alpha's.
About a month ago though I had gotten a new scent neutraliser and ever since then I hadn't had any accidents again.

When I was done getting ready for college it was already 6:35 and with my bus leaving at 6:40 that left me with only 5 minutes to get to the bus stop at the end of the street.
I ran downstairs and into the kitchen, quickly grabbing an apple and giving my mom a kiss on the cheek before bolting out the door.
Yelling a "I'm going or else I will be late, Love you mom" as the door closed behind me.
Only when I was running down the street and I felt the rain hitting my skin, I realised I had forgotten to grab my coat.
It was however too late to turn back to get it and so I just continued on running until I reached the bus stop.
The bus arrived not much later and soon enough I was on my way to my new school.

As I got off the bus I looked up at the massive building in front of me, my eyes getting wider the longer I stared at it.
The building, which was my new college, was at least twice as big as my old college back in Bucheon.
There was a massive fenced in yard in front of the college and students were walking around everywhere.
Pushing past my initial schock I walked inside and up to the front desk where I received my schedule and a layout of the buildings so I knew where everything was.

After going over all the necessary paperwork and studying the layout for a bit I walked off to find my locker.
Not knowing which classes I would have I had taken all of my books with me, so when I finally arrived at my locker after walking the wrong way at least twice I was very relieved.
I stored away all the books I wouldn't need today, along with the ones I needed after lunch break before closing my locker.

As I turned around to go find my first class of the day I collided with something hard, causing me to stumble back and fall to the ground.
I flinched as I made contact with the hard marmer flooring, groaning at the pain shooting up my back.

As I looked up I was met with a pair of very worried looking dark chocolate eyes, belonging to a very beautiful raven haired boy.
He held out his hand to help me up before speaking up.
"Hey, I'm sorry about that I wasn't really paying attention. are you alright?"
I looked up at him with a soft smile as I nodded.
"it's fine I wasn't really paying attention either." I replied while the boy looked at me.
"Your new here aren't you? I've never seen you here before. what class do you have now?" He asked, looking at me expectantly.
I grabbed my schedule, scanning over it once before answering.
"yeah this is indeed my first day here, I have english first period."
"Ah great follow me then, Name's Yixing by the way." And as soon as he said that Yixing turned around and took off down the hall.

I quickened my pace to keep up with him and eventually we stopped in front of a closed classroom door, a man's voice being heard from the other side of the door.
"Great, guess we're late, let's go." Yixing said as he opened the door and walked in.
As Yixing and I walked into the classroom, all eyes were on us, whatever voice I heard before now being replaced with silent whispers.
Feeling very uncomfortable I stared at the ground, avoiding all the curious eyes on Yixing and I.

"Mister Zhang you are late, yet again" The teacher spoke up, glaring daggers at Yixing for interrupting his class.
"I'm sorry sir but I bumped into the new student on my way here."
And just like that all the eyes in the room shifted to me.
I could feel their gazes burning into my skin as they were studying me.

"Ahh yes I did indeed hear about a new student coming in today, Mr.Byun isn't it?" The teacher said, softening his gaze as he looked at me.
"yes Sir, Byun Baekhyun." I answered before the teacher told the both of us to sit down.

I followed Yixing to two empty seats in the back of the class, sitting down and grabbing our textbooks.
During the class Yixing and I talked a lot.
I came to know Yixing is a beta and that he is mated to a boy named Suho, who is also a beta.
Yixing and I got along really well and when the first class was over he invited me to come sit with his friends during lunch.
I guess going to a co-ed college really wasn't that bad after all.