chαptєr 1

"When you're rife with devastation
There's a simple explanation.~"

Benjamin spun around as he sang to his mother, a smile on his face. This was one of his very favorite things to do with her, sneak outside when his father was at work. Sing and dance their worries, stress and fears away.

"You're a toymaker's creation, trapped inside a crystal ball~"

He dipped his mother before spinning her. They danced together. Ben couldn't help but smile as a small giggle left his mother's lips. He loved seeing her happy. She deserved to be.

He looked at his mother's face as he examined the features he had grown so familiar with. Her rosey red cheeks which were covered with freckles. Her emerald green eyes as vibrant as ever. Ben watched as her ginger hair moved in the wind as he spun her in a circle. To be honest he hoped this moment lasted forever.

But you dont always get what you wish for.

"And whichever way he tilts it
Know that we must be resilient~"

Through all the fun Benjamin was having with his mother, they didnt notice the sound of the door unlocking, or the fact that his father had gotten out of work earlier than usual. And by the time they did it was to late.

Benjamin grunted as his father grabbed a fist full of his hair. He was thrown back, hitting the side of the house. The voices around Ben becoming muffled and fuzzy.

Though Benjamin could hear the slight screaming and arguing from his parents, he couldn't make out a thing they were saying. He noticed a blurry object in his fathers hand. Ben tried to reach out to stop it...

"We won't let them break our spirits as we sing our silly song..."

But he couldn't and the object came down with such force.

Benjamin woke up in a cold sweat his icy blue eyes staring around the room. before he started combing his fingers through his hair and let out a deep sigh wipping away the tears he could feel going down his cheeks. Another nightmare about that bloody day...

The day over a year ago when his father killed his mother.

Benjamin rubbed his eyes half awake. He stretched slightly standing up before looking at the mirror. He didn't like what he saw in the mirror anymore. That handsome young man his mother use to describe was no where to be found. His once vibrant black coal hair messy and dirty. Ben could pick of so many things he hated now likm his freckles, the bags under his eye's, and much more.

But he was pulled from this thoughts upon hearing the sound of angry foot steps coming up the stairs.

"BENJAMIN WOODS!"