Promise me

Later that day.

"Nyla, this is your brother Nolan's resting place. Isn't it so beautiful?" Jessica looks down to her baby girl.

"Look sissy, it says Nolan Harrison Lange. Lange is mommy's last name. She's not a Huston like us and daddy."

Jessica chuckles before turning to her son's grave. She placed a kiss on it and wiped her tears.

"Hi baby boy. Merry Christmas, my love."

Delilah sat beside Jessica and very gently rubbed her back.

Jessica looked down and smiled. She then wrapped her free arm around her and kissed her head.

"I love you, Delilah."

"I love you too, mommy!"
Momma?"

"Yes?"

"Tell is a story about brother."

"A story." Jessica smiles. "Alright, I have a good one.."

*
*
*

2013

"Nolan buddy, come on. We're due to be at grandma's house at two."

"Hey I two!"

"You are!  My baby is getting so big!"

"I a man!"

"Well Man come over here so mommy can put your pants on." Jessica smiles.

"I not wearing those!" Nolan laughs.

"Yeah you are.  Come on, Nolan, we have to get going."

"I weady, mama!"

"Little boy, you need pants."

"No cause I a man, silly!"

Jessica laughs and nods her head.  She then picks him up and kisses his chubby cheeks.

"Let's go, my little man."

"Otay, wittle wady!"

Jessica laughed.  His little baby voice just melted her heart.

"I love you, No No."

"Mama I lub yew most!" Nolan grabs Jessica's face and kisses her.

"Awww!"

**

"We're here!  And no my son does not have pants on.  He's so sweet I didn't make him put them on.  Plus, momma is exhausted and if I forced him into them he'd have a sob fest."

"Well it's okay!  Grandma loves to see that big squishy butt in a diaper!" Dorothy lifts him up and pats his bottom.

Jessica laughs and walks over to greet the rest of her family, leaving Nolan alone with her mother.

"Mommy?" Nolan widens his eyes and breathes heavily.  His bottom lip quivering, and tears quickly filling his eyes he shouts, "Mommy!"

"It's okay baby, she's just going to say hello to everyone!" Dorothy smiles.

"MOMMY!" Nolan sobs.

Jessica ran back thinking something was wrong. "What happened?"

"WanchYewwww!" Nolan reaches for his mommy.

"Aw he said want you!" Dorothy pouts.

Jessica chuckles and takes him from Dorothy.
She kisses his cheek before Nolan hugs her as tight as possible.