one

"well you were happy where you were
but that girl she reeled you in-"

z.a.a - those were her initials.
you knew, because someone had embroidered them onto almost every single item she brought to school. you also knew that the 'z' meant zoë, and the last 'a' meant abraham. the middle letter was a mystery to you, much like every other part of the girl.
because of her name, you liked to think that she was the girl in the all time low video, the one with the blue hair. zoey morgan. that would make you alex gaskarth, which was pretty cool.
"calum!" you locked eyes with your blonde haired friend. nope, luke would be alex; the one with the talent, the looks. you would probably be zack, stuck at the back without a microphone. bored already with whatever drama he was about to make over nothing, you picked at your sweater and willed for the bell to ring. "did you see mark's snapchat? he put his nudes on his story accidentally and his mum saw and he's in such de-" you slammed your locker shut, stopping the boy mid-sentence. "luke, dude, nobody gives a fuck."
letting out a long sigh, you turned and made your way to chemistry just as the bell rang throughout the school. as much as you loved luke, and being in his band, you were really sick and tired of the drama and gossip that he surrounded himself with. if you were honest, the only true friend you felt you had was the rian of the group; ashton. your fellow stuck at the back, unwanted member of the ba-
"shit! I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking, are- are you okay?" you bumped into zoë. even the weak smile she gave you was dazzling.
"calum! it's fine babe, don't worry. go to class, love." her voice was like a lullaby; unusually low for a girl, but still so sweet. her new york accent was beautifully strong, even after living here for a few years. and she called you babe. flustered, you scratched your neck awkwardly. "yeah, uh, and, er, I was, uh, wondering if you would like to, um," she cut you off with a finger to your lips. "my house, Friday. bye calum." she said your name with that smirk that made your knees melt and her hips swayed dangerously as she turned and walked away.
"holy fuck," you breathed. truth was, you had no idea what you and zoë were. all you wanted was to love her, call her yours, but you could never quite convince her to settle with one guy. the figure disappeared down the hallway and you were horribly late for chemistry, but none of that really mattered when you could still feel her finger ghosting over your lips.
deciding you were in too much of a state to really learn anything for the next half hour or so, you began to untangle the headphones from your pocket and made your way to the toilet block.
"climbing out the back door, didn't leave a mark. no one knows it's you miss jackson."
grimacing at the song that you really weren't in the mood for, you skipped through until you gave up and found the song - and video - you were looking for.
"I've got your picture, I'm coming with you,"
you really weren't picky when it came to girls. whether they were ghostly pale like 'maria' or gorgeously dark tanned like zoë, anything with tits and a pulse was good enough for you. swinging open the cubicle door and plonking yourself down onto the seat lid, you turned the music up a few times and promptly fell asleep.