Part 2

Camp was odd

It wasn't a camp. It was more of a tiny town. 4 houses sat, looking off into the distance. A large round campfire stayed in the middle and at the moment was roaring with fire. The flames seemed to reach the stars. Two kids ran up to the three adults.

"MOM, HELP! We tried to start the fire, and it got so high, and Wilbur doesn't know what to do!" a petite red-headed girl spoke with worry and fear.

"Well, what did you guys try?" Erika questioned

"We tried fanning the flame, but that only seems to make it bigger..." A boy who was only a few inches taller than the girl answered

"Did you try water?"

"No..." they both answered.

"Well, go grab some damn water, kids."

The two ran off to what seemed to be a stream, but the young techno couldn't tell. The night appeared to engulf the area that the two ran off into.

"Wow, um ok well... that was interesting. How about we get you set up in a room, then Phil will get your wounds dressed." Star said suggested, cutting in and stoping techno's days in thought.

"Uh, ok..." the weak boy answered.

"Let's go. Follow me. I'll take you into the kids' cabin."

The greyed-eyed woman walked off with the pink-haired child following close behind.

"Well, what are we going to do now? We can't feed him; we don't have enough supplies to provide for him and the rest of us. And judging but that jumpsuit he is wearing, he is a recent escapee of the TECH company. Meaning that the orphan gangs are after him."

"Then we will have to figure something out, remember they also want us, Mrs. Vampire."

"Whatever you say, Mr. Fallen-Angle."

"I am going into town... tell the kids and Star that."

"With what money, Phil? And I don't think we need anything at the moment?"

"I have a few pieces of gold from the mining trip we did last week. We have to get the kid out of that jumpsuit, or he is going to become a bigger target, Erika."

"Ugh, fine here, take some more gold and grab some food while you're at it! Lots of bread and wheat seed to we need to get a farm going if this kid is going to stay here."

"Ok, bye, if I don't come back in 48 hours, assume the worst and don't look for me."

"I know I know that has a has been a rule, Bye."

Erika watched as Phil jumped onto a black horse and was engulfed by the icy night. Her red eyes watching him, making sure he was safe until there was nothing left to watch, she turned around with a crunch under her shoes, looking down she realized that she had stepped onto a stick, that looked exactly like the one that the kids use to play wizards with.

"Oh, no.."

She mumbled under her breath. She eventually sighed and realized that it was their fault since they left it on the floor unattended. She continued walking to what they called the 'kids cabin.' But first, making a detour over to the stream to help the kids put out the large fire since the fire would burn down the whole camp if they didn't contain it soon.

She looked down to the creek to see the two kids trying to fill up a bucket with a hole at the bottom of it.

"What are you guys doing?"