Chapter 30

A/N: Sorry for taking so long to update and in advance if this is terrible..not enjoying writers block.

Chapter 30

Cheryl's POV

"Ash, I've been called in at work. I'll see you tonight" I tell Ashley as I pour the last bit of my now cold cup of tea down the drain.

"What for?"

"Erm..photoshoot" I say quickly, grabbing my bag. I peck him on the cheek and hurry out, not wanting to be questioned further. I shouldn't of lied to him but I couldn't help it. I didn't want him to get suspicious or lose his temper, it's just easier this way. I get into my car, letting out a breath I didn't even realise I was holding as I fire up the engine and set off in the direction of Kimberley's. I couldn't stand being away from her for too long. I wanted to spend all of my time with her. I make my way through the busy London streets, forever thankful that Kimberley doesn't live far away. If Ashley found out I had lied to him, God only knows what he'd do, I don't even want to think about it, the thought makes me shiver in my seat. The consequences make me uneasy and uncertain but I lie anyway, anything to spend time with Kimberley.

I pull up outside Kimberley's house and rush out of the car, locking it as I jog up the garden path. I don't even know why I'm in such a rush to see her, I spent the majority of the day with her yesterday. I don't even fully understand why I miss her so much, why I crave her presence and affection. It's unexplainable. I knock on the door and wait patiently for Kimberley to answer, I feel agitated and unable to stand still, shifting my body weight from left to right. The door swings open and I immediately fall into her arms, dropping my bag on the floor haphazardly. I hug her tightly, breathing in her fresh floral and vanilla scent which is distinctively Kimberley, I wrap my arms tightly around her waist, resting my head on her chest. She leans over and shuts the door, shutting out the cold winter air and wraps her arms around me tightly. I suddenly feel overcome with emotion and I'm not sure why, I can feel a lump in my throat forming and tears springing to my eyes, my heart aches and the cliche butterflies in my stomach go crazy. She makes me feel so many things, I can't even begin to understand a fraction of it. I've never felt this way before. I allow a single tear to slip down my cheek, I don't know why I'm crying. It's not like we've been apart for days, weeks, months. It's been one night, a matter of hours. I begin to feel stupid for my emotions, my over reacting emotions. I sniffle and try to blink away the forming tears. Kimberley immediately cottons on and pulls me back, holding me at an arms length, the cute little frown line forms on her concerned face as she pouts.

"What's wrong babe? What's happened? Is everything okay?" She rambles softly.

"I don't know, I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me" I mumble quickly, wanting to be back in her embrace as quickly as I can, I go to lean back into her but she holds me back, still looking at me with concern, that adorable pout makes me melt inside.

"Tell me what's wrong?"

"It's stupid" I look away from her intense gaze, staring at a spot on the floor, silently kicking myself for my excessive emotions.

"Nothing you say is stupid, tell me" she speaks softly, bringing me to look at her.

"I just missed you" I say simply, because it's true, I missed her.

"We only saw each other yesterday, babe"

"See, told you it was stupid" I say, looking away again.

"Come here" Kimberley giggles softly. "It's not stupid, I missed you too" she pulls me back into her embrace and kisses me on my head as she runs her fingers through my long hair. "Come on, I'll make you a cuppa"