When I said I love you

Cliché alert**: The following OS might contain extremely cliché content which might make your tongues go numb with sweetness... mine did....🤪🤪🤭

So, read further at your own risk...

I am putting the blame on shifa for giving me such a title... the content has to match the title... 🤷‍♀️... I had to do it...

To make myself clear,

This OS is written as a part of a task in which i was tagged...by saKhalifa.. who started an OS series write up....

So according to the task,

One needs to write an OS (essentially on rikara) on the title given by the predecessor. Then they can publishe their work in a week(challenge every friday) to give the next challenge Title to whomever they want to read the OS from... I found it interesting... and thought to try it.

Hope you enjoy reading this.

******************************************************************************************************

"Happy anniversary Gauri" wished Jhanvi Singh Oberoi hugging her ever-smiling daughter in law.

It has been two years since her son brought her home and Jhanvi never saw her complain or demand for anything.

Her son Omkara Singh Oberoi on the otherhand, is quite the opposite of his meek wife. He is arrogant, demanding, possessive and egoistic... a carbon copy of his late father Tej Singh Oberoi.

When Omkara first introduced Gauri to the family who was his then classmate, Jhanvi couldn't believe a girl like her could ever fall in love with her angry 'Nandi' son.

Gauri belonged to a simple middle class family, an only child to Shakti and Pinky Sharma. When her family got to know of their daughter's love for Omkara who way beyond their financial status was, the heir of Oberoi family, they did not approve of the alliance. A series of fights and emotional blackmail ensued, after which Gauri's parents decided to get her married to a groom of their choice.

When her son got a whiff of the same, he crashed the wedding, married his love and stormed out of the place, bringing home a weeping bride.

Jhanvi's heart went out for the poor girl who had to choose between her parents and her husband. As far as she could remember, Gauri never cried after that day when she broke ties with her family but Jhanvi knew she missed them. She tried to talk to her son about the same but he was adamant that his wife doesn't need them.

Being a woman, she knew she can never replace a girl's parents but she tried her best to not make her feel alone. Now after two years of being married, Gauri is an essential part of their family of four.

Her younger son Rudra Singh Oberoi loved his Bhabhi who always saved him from his tyrant brother. Unlike her elder son who now handled their business and hardly had time for his wife, her younger one was full of charm partnering with her daughter in law, taking her out to his parties and movie dates, assuring that she had her own share of fun without his brother breathing down their neck all the time.

"Thank you maa" said Gauri smiling happily and returning the hug.

"Did Om get up?"

"Yeah maa... he is getting ready... he has an early meeting today" she said and moved into the kitchen to instruct the staff to make two steaming cups of coffee, one for her husband and the other for her brother in law.

"Did he wish you?" asked Jhanvi following her into the kitchen and only got a smile in return.

"Great... my akdu of a son forgot his wedding anniversary... why do you even love him"