The Trap

Jake and Amy pulled up to the location in Jake's mustang at 8:00 pm.

"Looks like they took the bait boss," Slash said, watching from a window in the warehouse.

"Good. We put the plan into action in an hour. Until then we wait," Freddy said, leaning back across the hood of a stolen car. They used an old chop shop as their cover and there were still a few cars and parts left.

An hour flew by as Amy and Jake sat in the car talking. Amy was thankful that Jake could always carry on a conversation and she forgot why she thought It might be awkward now that they were both single again.

"I'm telling you Santia-" Jake was cut off by a woman screaming from inside the warehouse.

Amy snatched the radio and dispatched their location and requested backup. Then she called Holt and told him they had to go in. He hesitantly agreed and told them he would be down with a team in 20 minutes.

Jake and Amy pulled their guns and ran towards the warehouse. They had almost reached the door when they heard another scream, from a man this time. Jake looked at Amy and she nodded before he kicked open the door.

"NYPD! Put your hands in the air!"

Jake was clearly confused when there was no one was there. He looked around and his eyes widened when he saw the recording device playing. "We have to get out of here," he said, spinning around towards Amy. Suddenly he felt a pain in his head that he didn't have time to process before his entire world went black.

"Jake!" Amy yelled. She tried to get to him but a man stepped forward with a gun and yanked Jake's unconscious body upwards with his gun to his head. As terrified for Jake's life as she was, she tried to stay calm "Put. Your. Gun. Down."

The man smirked and said, "I actually think you should put your gun down. Unless you want a dead partner that is."

Suddenly two other men stepped forward, each with a gun of their own trained on her partner. She gulped as the reality of the situation soaked in. One guy would have been easy for her to handle. If all else failed she could shoot the man leaving Jake safe. She knew that there was no getting out of this easy. If she shot the guy holding Jake the other two would kill Jake. She knew she only had one choice. Backup was still over 15 minutes out and she couldn't stall that long. Hesitantly she dropped her gun and kicked it over.

"His too," the man holding Jake said. Only then did Amy notice that Jake's gun lay a couple feet from where he had collapsed. She sighed and kicked it over. As soon as she did, one of the men walked over and took her phone and handcuffs off her. He restrained her arms in front of her, and tossed her phone on the floor. Aiming his gun, he shot it making Amy jump.

"Come on," said Freddy, "Before their backup gets here."

He shoved the struggling Amy into the back of van. Amy noticed one of the other men drop something on the floor next to what was once her phone. She watched as Jake was tossed in next to her and the trunk and the door was closed. She immediately called out to Jake. He didn't wake up. She shook his body but he still didn't wake up. She started panicking, but was relieved when he still had a pulse. She lay back on her side, watching Jake. I have to get us out of this.