1. Christmas Shopping

It was right before Christmas, the busiest time of the year for Annabelle's Trinket Shop. Not that they got much customers anyways, but when people were rushing for last minute gifts for their friends and family—that's when the money rolled in.

Annabelle's Trinket Shop was a small, unique store tucked away on the corner of a busy street in London. In the windows of the shop, many different items such as record players or old ball gown dresses caught people's eye, but it was never enough to come in the store. Inside the store was a different story. The shelves were filled to the brim with random knick knacks in no particular order, and no one could find much of anything unless they truly tried, but that's the way Annabelle liked it so, that's the way it was kept.

Now, with how few customers the store got, one would think the store would be out of business long ago. But when Annabelle first opened her shop decades ago, the sales boomed so high she could drown in money, but Annabelle was not a selfish or greedy person. She didn't care about the money, only her shop and her family. So, even after years later when no came around she kept it open, feeding the little money she had left to pay her only worker.

Justina Marie Jackson.

Though no one ever called her Justina. When Marie was younger, she was heavily picked on for having a boy-like name. So, naturally she grew to despise her name and then one day when her family decided to move; she had a chance to change her name. That's when she became just Marie Jackson.

As Marie flipped through an old book she had found in the back of the shop, the bell rung indicating that someone was here. That would be the first customer of the day.

"-and she's actually coming over for New Year's! Merlin," that's a weird thing to say, thought Marie. "-I know I said I was going to marry her, but I never thought I would see the day!"

"Hello. Can I help you gentlemen?" A boy that looked about seventeen or eighteen with the wildest black hair, dark skin, and crooked glasses smiles at her.

"No, we've got it." The other boy, who looked about the same age, had long black hair that was much tamer and was sporting a nice leather jacket.

"Do you have any AC/DC or Queen albums?" he asks hopefully, his grey eyes were like a dark stormy cloud with a few gold specks in them.

"Er, try the back shelf near the bottom. There could be some there."

As Marie dove back into her book she could hear the grey eyed boy whisper not very quietly to his friend. "Stupid Muggles. No help at all." Marie just rolls her eyes and continues her book. Normally, she would just ignore the rude customers until they left, but these twos had already used some odd words. So, naturally it peaked her interest quite a lot. Marie watched as the two walked around the shop mesmerized. Everything they saw looked like a foreign object to them, and it was quite amusing.

Almost an hour later the two finally came up to the register. "Find everything alright?"

"Great," the grey eyed boy smirks confidently.

"For your girlfriend?" she asks eyeing the multiple necklaces.

"Yeah, after six years of declaring my love for her, Lily Evans finally decided to go out with me! I thought it was a joke at first, but we've been dating two months and eight days. Oh, I'm James by the way. James Potter."

"Nice to meet you James," Marie laughs at the excited crazy haired boy. He seemed so in love, and she truly hoped that this Lily Evans didn't break his heart.

"Aren't you going to ask my name, darling?" his friend asks smirking again. Marie couldn't deny that the boy was cute, but seeing as she was never going to see him again, she decided to have a little fun. It was the least she could with her empty day.

"Black Dog by Led Zeppelin, nice....and Pride and Prejudice? I didn't take you for a man to read that type of book."

"It's not for me," he shrugs carelessly. "It's for my b-friend."

"Your friend reads books like this? He seems like the kind of man I'd want to meet." Marie says finishing up the total.

"I could read those books if I wanted to," he scowls, then in a flash his smirk is plastered back on his face. "So, can I ask you, your name at least?"

"£26.48, and why don't you tell me your name first. Then maybe I'll tell you mine."

"I'm Sirius."

Marie frowns, why was he playing with her? He seemed eager to tell her earlier? "I'm serious too, and do you need help with that James?" The other boy, James, was fumbling with the money and whispering to himself. It was like he had never paid so a single thing in his life.

Sirius burst out laughing, both at Marie and his mates failure with money. "No, no. My name is Sirius, like the star."

Marie couldn't keep in a laugh as James dropped the money of the floor and scrambled to pick it up. "That's an interesting name. I'm Marie."

"Here!" James gasps, successfully pulling out the right amount of money.

"Well, have a good day then, James and Sirius," Marie says handing over their items.

"G'bye Marie," Sirius winks at the older girl. "Hopefully we'll meet again!" Right as the two boys were about to leave the shop Marie heard Sirius practically yell. "Muggle London is amazing!"

.

Only one other customer comes that day, and right as Marie is closing up Annabelle came down from her flat upstairs.

"Marie, darling!" Annabelle was a very fit woman for her age. Marie did not know her exact age(she knew it would be quite rude to ask) but she knew it was much older than her parents. "You're coming over to Laura's for Christmas Eve still?"

"Annabelle, I don't want to intrude on your family-"

"Nonsense! You are family. You lived up in my flat all that time, and you know Laura loves you." When Marie had been kicked out of her house by her parents, Annabelle had not only given her a job, but allowed her to live her flat for a while. She had introduced Marie to her stepdaughter, Laura, and the two had instantly connected. Marie was surprised to find that Annabelle and her stepdaughter had a very good relationship even though Laura's father had died a few years after Annabelle's marriage to him. Laura didn't even mind when Annabelle took Marie under her wing, and treated her like a daughter. The two quickly became like a family to her.

"Fine, fine. I'll go, but no one is getting me Christmas gifts. Is that clear?"

"Oh come on Marie! What's the point of having you here if I can't spoil you rotten," Annabelle huffs.

"You have Laura and your grandson for that."

"But I want to spoil my other daughter too."

Marie just glares at Annabelle while the older woman smirks. She knew she won the argument, Annabelle always did. "What's the address again?"

"House number 25 in Godric's Hollow."