The Roof

My stomach starts grumbling and I wake up around 10'o clock. Becca is feeling better but she needs rest to start walking again. I walk into the living room to find some snacks and I see Jordan lying on the couch covered himself with a quilt. The quilt barely covers his stomach.

"I am hungry Jordy, do we have some food?" I ask, leaning at the edge of the couch. 

"Yeah but our car is down at the parking lot. I think Trevor might be having some, I'll go get it." 

 "I'll get it, you might be tired." I offer. 

"Are you sure? It's cold out there." He worries. 

"Don't worry I'll be fine." I wave at him.

I open the front door —I did not think this through. My nipples are piercing through my shirt. I cross my arms over my chest and walk up to his car. I see Trevor curled up in a blanket, sleeping peacefully, I'll prefer him like this and not with that stupid grin. I knock at the window and he wakes up immediately. He unlocks the door and waves at me to come inside.

"What are you doing in here?" I feel warm as I sit on the passenger seat.

"I was just having a beer and fell asleep, What are you doing out here . . . there are bears around." He warns me.

"Oh yeah and they won't eat you? I raise my eyebrows.

"Nah . . . I don't think so..."

His grin turns into laughter and I don't mind this one.

 "I was just getting some food but our car is at the parking lot and Jordan told me you might have some with you," I say.

"Yeah I do, Jordan asked me to bring some when he called me to ask about a place to stay in." He smiles which elevates his faint beard on his cheeks and his puppy eyes light up. He clicks a button beside the steering wheel and the trunk clicks open.

He is so . . . beautiful. My inner voice is crushing on him and I shake my head to snap out of it. 

I get some water and a bag of chips with me and walk to the window again. "You don't have to spend the night in here, you can take the couch," I say.

"No I am fine it's okay" he assures me. 

I give him a nod and get back inside. I look over at the bed and find Lily sprawled out across the bed. Without, leaving a minuscule of space for me. I walk back to the living room and find Jordan snoring so loudly. Dammit!

I had no other choice so . . . I knock at his window again. "Suup." He asks lowering his window. 

"Umm . . ." 

" Jordan is howling and the friend of yours has covered most of your space." He interjects. 

 "Yep." I stifle a laugh. "Come on, in." he unlocks the door.

 "Umm . . . I don't know it's weird." I shrug.

 "Because the time I 'didn't' see you in a black bra." He smiles wryly.

I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Hey come on it's fine, you can take the back seat and I'll be in the front like your uber driver. In that way, we won't be seeing each other."

"Fine." I sigh.

The next morning I wake up at the sun beaming through the car window. My body is sore and my legs are cramped up.  A Mint-green blanket has been put on to cover me which smells like him. I smile and peer around the seat to look at him. He looks so peaceful. I take another sniff of the blanket and realized what did I just do?