~ 11 ~

- Wills Birthday -

Mike and Will were both laying on the bed. They had been dating for almost a year now, and things seemed to be going pretty great. Sure, there was a few arguments here and there, but they would always manage to make up.

"I'm bored." The smaller boy says.

"Well it's the middle of summer, we can do anything we want." Mike replied.

"Yeah like what though," Will sat up, followed by Mike.

"Maybe we could go down to the pool, meet a few friends?" Mike suggested.

"Okay!"

Both they boys got off from the bed and started getting changed into their swimming trunks.

"You ready babe?" Mike said.

"Mhm." Will smiled and blushed.

———————————————————————

At the pool

"Hey guys!" Mike shouted to their friends to across the pool.

"Heyyyy!" Max shouts. Her and Jane were now dating and had been for a couple months.

"Come in!" Jane shouts next. Her, Max and Lucas were playing in the pool.

"Where's Dustin?" Will asks.

"He couldn't make it, you want to get in?" Mike quickly replies.

"Oh uh... sure." Will walks over to the pool, "aren't you coming?"

"Oh I have a fear of the water..." Mike lies.

"You do?"

"Yes... now go have fun!"

Will shrugs, and starts to get in the water.

"Oh I just remembered! I left my goggles at home! I'll just go back and get them!" Mike smiles and quickly rushes out.

———————————————————————

"Shit, what sort of lie was that!? Now it's super obvious" Mike thought to himself.

Around 10 minutes later he arrived at Will's house, and knocks on the door.

"Hello Mrs. Byers! I'm here to help decorating?"

"Ah yes, Dustin's in the living room if you want to go help him!"

"Okay, thank you!"

———————————————————————
Mikes POV
———————————————————————

I walked into a beautifully decorated room, with balloons scattered around and a massive banner saying "Happy Birthday Will!". We had all been planning this party for a while now, yet I still hadn't picked out a gift for him. It had to be special, not anything ordinary like the others got him.

I headed over to the mall around 5 minutes of decorating. I hoped Will wouldn't notice how long I had been and that the others had kept him company.