Part 1: Far Away

A/N: thank you for all the love on my other stories. This one's for you guys <3

***

Before the dementors came, everything was already horrible and it was all Sirius's fault. 

The boy doesn't know how to shut up, first off. He thinks the world revolves around him and he's got a gaggle of admirers just waiting to kiss his feet or give him a shoulder massage or some other inane thing that only pampers his incessantly spiraling ego.

Well, not y/n. Aside from being witty and independent, she prided herself on her immunity to Sirius's charm and what he called "chivalry" (but anyone with a brain would know it's just him manipulating people to do his bidding). 

Y/n eyed a group of girls near the Quidditch field surrounding Sirius. Hearts were practically protruding from their star-crossed eyes as they bit their lips and flicked their hair at him, begging for his gaze to fall on them. But the worst part of it? Sirius was feeding on the attention. That sniveling little cockroach didn't care that he was playing with the hearts of these girls; in fact, he probably didn't even see them as girls, but playthings. Just attention and admiration walking on two legs, only serving one purpose: to make him feel high and mighty.

It all made y/n sick.

Not that she cared about Sirius Black anyway. It was one thing to detest him, but another to become infatuated. 

Those poor girls. They didn't know what they'd be getting themselves into. 

y/n sighed and tore her eyes away from the site of the girls fawning over Sirius. She focused back on her History of Magic essay which made her nearly as sick as Sirius Black, which was saying a lot. She'd only gotten half of it done before putting her quill away and staring off into space, thinking of everything and nothing at the same time. 

Focus, she reminded herself. But it wasn't that easy. 

The sun was bright against her cheek and she tried to just concentrate on that, but she felt a familiar haze behind her eyes that only meant she was slipping away. Slipping into the past, two months ago when it all had started. Before the dementors, before the humiliation, and before that wretched prat, Sirius Black ruined their friendship. 

It all began in the back of the Charms classroom.

A/N: this one's a shorter chapter, but the other ones should be much longer. Hope you're intrigued ;)