Chapter I: The Escape

Prince Caspian. There is nothing wrong in him. It's just... I don't have feelings for him. At all. And he's ten years older than me...

I have lived in this castle for as long as I can remember. I didn't even know why lord Miraz took me under his wing when I was a baby. Now I do.

Well first of all, I did not have a home, I was an abandoned orphan and I was brought here in front of this castle. Caspian found me when he was ten years old and took me to lord Miraz.

Later on everyone found out that my mother, in fact, was Jadis the White Witch. I was born through magic. I was in a huge ice cube for hundreads of years but then the ice cube broke and I was "born". I was born in a forest and I was lucky to have someone to find me and bring me here. No one knows how or why this happened and took place so long after Jadis' death. This will probably remain as an unsolved mystery...

I'm ashamed of my mother. I'm nothing like her and I'm not involved with ice at all. I'm also a human or so it seems and all I have is a bunch of questions after questions about my past and ancestors.

When Miraz took me under his wing, he decided that I would be crowned as the Telmarine princess because he thinks I should marry Caspian some day. I suppose I would be a princess anyways if Jadis is to be called the former queen of Narnia but I'd rather not call her that.

There's something wrong about Miraz though... He seems like he doesn't like me or Caspian that much.

Miraz's wife, Prunaprismia, is pregnant. She is having the child very soon, probably in a couple of days.

I'm sitting on my bed being deep in my thoughts. I have no respect for my mother but I do want to know more. How am I here?

I shake my thoughts away and turn off the light. I'm going to sleep early because I'm very tired. I was sword fighting with Caspian all day and I'm very good at it. I wonder what Caspian thinks of me. I really hope he doesn't have feelings for me either. He's like a big brother to me.

I get under my blanket and keep my eyes opened for a while. I can barely distinguish anything but I am very aware of where everything is placed. This room looks very similar to Caspian's room. This room is so familiar to me, yet I don't feel like home. It's because of Miraz. He seems so ominous and he gives me this weird feeling that bothers me.

Finally, I decide to close my eyes. I should just sleep.

———————————————————————

I'm sure not many hours passed when suddenly I wake up feeling a hand on my shoulder. I open my eyes immediately and then realize it's professor Cornelius. "What is it?" I ask him a little confused.

"Come on my princess, we must hurry. You don't have much time and you have to trust me." Cornelius says while looking around the room nervously. I grab my sword and my knives from the table confused.

My heart starts to beat faster as he guides me away from my room. "It's Prunaprismia... she gave birth to a son... Now Miraz wants to get rid of you and Caspian." He explains quickly as we walk down stairs.

"Wait what? Why would he do this?" I ask him scared. "Now he has a son. He can be the new heir to the throne as long as Miraz becomes the king." Cornelius explains. I start to realize what's going on.

"Where is Caspian?" I ask him a little scared but he doesn't have to answer my question as we arrive in the stables. Caspian is sitting on a horse, waiting for me.

"You can make it out if you hurry." Cornelius says. I nod and run to Caspian. He gives me a hand and helps me up on his horse. I'm sitting in front of him now.

"You must make for the woods." Cornelius says. "The woods?" I ask. "They won't follow you there." Cornelius explains. Then he takes something from his pocket. It's something small that's wrapped. "It has taken me many years to find this." He says. Caspian takes the wrapped item and hides it in his robe.

"Do not use it except at your greatest need." Cornelius says. I look at him and then Caspian.

"Will we ever see you again?" Asks Caspian. I can tell by his voice that he's very nervous. "I dearly hope so, my prince and my princess. There is so much more I meant to tell you. Everything you know is about to change." Cornelius says. He is clearly upset.

"Close the drawbridge!" Shouts someone from outside. "Now, go." Says Cornelius nervously to both of us. Caspian takes the reins and then our horse starts to gallop away fast.

A couple of guards try to stop us but fail. The sky above the castle fills with fireworks. And we are fleeing for our lives. I'm so shocked and angry at the same time and I believe Caspian feels the same.

A few of Miraz's men start to follow us on horses. "We need to go faster." I say to Caspian. I can hear us being approached. "I know." Caspian says and makes the horse gallop faster.

Soon enough we get into the woods. We enter there without hesitation.

After a while, we manage to get away from Miraz's men. (For now)

Suddenly, I see a tree trunk on the way. We have to duck if we want to keep going. For me it goes easily but apparently Caspian was looking somewhere else and didn't see the tree in time. He hits his head and falls off the horse.

"Caspian!" I shout and stop the horse to help him. He stays down on the ground shocked.
"We have to move! Come on!" I almost shout while trying to get him up.

Suddenly, we see two shapes approaching us. They came from inside of a tree? Both of them look like... dwarves?

"They have seen us." I hear the other one say. Then he runs towards us with a small sword. I back away confused.

Then, we hear Miraz's men approaching. The other dwarf stops and turns to look at the other one. Then both of them look in the direction of the men.

"Take care of them." Says the dwarf who was coming towards us. Then he runs towards Miraz's men. I get suddenly brave and run after him because I know Caspian needs time to escape and that dwarf needs help. I feel like they're not evil. I feel like they might help us.

We fight together against the men but end up getting caught. I'm sorry Caspian. And Cornelius.

I turn to look at Caspian while I still can, only to see him blow in a horn and after that being knocked out by the other dwarf. A horn? Is that what Cornelius gave him? Could it be..?

Then my eyes are covered with something and there's no doubt about where we are going. Back to the castle.