Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Caprice woke to find Lathuza not in bed with her, getting up and putting on her dressing gown she went looking for him. She searched everywhere and couldn't find him she was getting worried.

"Where is he?" she said aloud turning around she nearly screamed when a poof of red smoke appeared in the hallway.

From that smoke came a very buff Lathuza "Caprice, are you alright?" he asked approaching her.

"I am fine. I was worried I couldn't find you" she told him.

He smiled lovingly and changed to his normal form taking a deep breath.

He bent down and picked her up giving her a warm hug "sorry to worry you, I had an urgent meeting to attend to in the demon realm I thought I would be back before you woke up" he told her.

They headed back to his bedroom and noticed the time 3 am "let's try and get some more sleep" he suggested.

"I think that is a good idea" Caprice replied as they got back into bed.

They woke up at 8am and began to get ready "let's go to the bakery" Lathuza said.

"Really?" Caprice asked

"of course we will make a day of it. They left the house and headed to Washington it was a relatively long journey "Can I ask where in the world we live?" Caprice asked.

"Did I not tell you? We live in Canada" he replied.

They decided to learn a bit more about each other "When I saw you this morning and you were bulkier, does that happen only when you are mad?" she asked him.

"Well that is the main reason, but it happens when I am being defensive, protective and ahem.... Aroused" he said blushing slightly; Caprice also blushed "Good to know".

They arrived in Washington and headed to the bakery, it was nice to stretch their legs "We aren't too far away" Lathuza said walking towards the shop.

Rounding the corner they spotted the bakery "it is so cute" Caprice squealed.

Lathuza couldn't help but chuckle he thought it was cute to hear her squeal. They approached the bakery and were greeted by a delightful smell of freshly baked goods, inside there was a bakers buffet there was bread, scone, croissants, cream cakes, custard pies and many more.

There were a few people in the bakery after they were seen to the older woman asked "may I help you".

Caprice was nervous and replied "hello I am here to see Pat is she still here?"

"Pat darling someone is here to see you!" she called.

in minutes a young teenage girl appeared when she saw Caprice her face dropped.

"Caprice is that really you?" she asked coming around the counter.

"yeah it's me" she smiled Pat wrapped her in a tight hug.

"Oh it's great to see you, Mum this is the one who saved me" she introduced.

"It is wonderful to meet you" she said bringing Caprice into a hug.

"I assume you are her mate?" Pat asked.

Caprice blushed "he is but he is also my saviour. Pat this is Lathuza, Lathuza this is Pat" she introduced.

He bowed then took her hand "a pleasure to meet you" he said very gentlemanly.

"This is my mother Lara" Pat introduced "nice to meet you both" she giggled.