Chapter 10

⚠️TW⚠️ : Mention of abuse and sexual bruising

I slowly start to wake up. I feel awful, everything hurts. Especially my sex, but my wrists hurt as well. I open my eyes and look at the time, it's barely 6:30. I look over at Cristiano and he is sleeping on the opposite side of the bed with his back turned to me. For some reason I was glad. After what we did last night I could hardly bare being in the same room with him. He starts to stir, and I can tell he's waking up. I lay back down, and he starts to get out of bed.

He walks over to the drawers. He's stark naked, but oddly I don't feel the need to shut my eyes. He pulls out a cigarette, and starts to walk towards the bathroom. I get a full clear view of his back, and it's horrifying. Cristiano has so many scars. Most of them seem to be from cuts, I see a few that look like they are from bullets. Some of them look new. My concern clouded my judgment.

"What happened to you?!" I say with a tinge of sadness in my voice. I sit up against the headboard and hold the blanket against my collarbone so my bare chest isn't showing. Cristiano turns around, I can't tell if he's surprised or angry. Maybe both? He slowly walks towards me.

"What do you think happened, Gia?" He says in an ominous tone.

"I-I don't know. Are you hurt?" My voice is shaky.

He's in front of me now, and he takes my chin in between his thumb and his pointer finger.

"I appreciate your concern, but never ask me about my scars again. Ever." He squeezes my chin a little before walking into the bathroom. I flinch a little when he slams the door. God, I keep screwing up. And I still needed to ask him about breaking off Livianna's engagement.

I was terrified of him hurting me, but at the the same time I promised her that I would try to ask him. I needed a friend, even though I didn't fully trust her. As soon as he leaves the bathroom and goes into the closet, I get out of bed and scurry into the bathroom. I shut the door behind me, and when I look in the mirror I'm horrified. I have bruises on my hips, neck, and thighs. I have marks on my wrists from the rope he tied me up with. My sex feels so sore. I thought that having an orgasm meant the pain would be gone forever. I'm so naive. Naive and stupid. I decide right then and there I'm going to avoid him as much as possible from now on. I never want to feel this way again.

As I'm washing myself off in the shower, I notice when I wash down there a little bit of blood comes out. I want to puke. I cover my mouth as the tears start to flow down my cheeks. I don't want him to know I'm upset, let alone crying. Why was all of this so difficult? Why did I have to be born into a family that forced me to marry a man who made me feel this way? My inner "strong" voice starts to come through.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Be happy with your situation and all that you have. Get through this.

With that I turn off the shower, and wrap a towel around my body. I'm still upset, when I look in the mirror it's clear that I've been crying. I don't care.
I walk out of the bathroom and head straight for the closet. Cristiano isn't in the room anymore, but I can tell he had been smoking. God I hated the smell of cigarettes. I pick out some clothes and start getting ready. I wanted to wear one of the cute dresses that are available, but I needed something to cover up my bruises. So a black turtle neck, tan plaid skirt, and matching jacket will have to do. When I go into the kitchen to see Beatrice, I'm shocked to find Cristiano sitting at the table eating. I had never eaten breakfast with him before. I want to just back out of the room and go back upstairs, but before I can Beatrice sees me.

"Giada! Sit down, eat!" She has a warm smile on her face and ushers me to the table. Well, so much for avoiding him. He's eating, and also reading some sort of file. I feel bad for him sometimes. It seems like he's always working. Beatrice gives me a plate of food. I want to eat, but thinking about last night makes me want to puke. I know if I eat I won't be able to keep it down. I decide to try anyways, just as I'm about to take a bite of food, Diavolo comes waltzing into the room.

"Nipote! È così bello vederti!" (Nephew! It's so good to see you!) His voice is loud and annoying. I give up and put my fork down. I can tell Cristiano is annoyed too. But he plasters on a smile.

"Hello Uncle, is there something you want?" Cristiano asks, looking down at his paper.

"Can't I just come see my Nephew?"

"Diavolo. What do you want?" Cristiano puts down his paper, and looks at Diavolo, clearly agitated. Diavolo sighs, and it's almost as if his mask of elation fades.

"I'm going to Chicago to...visit a friend. And I'm bringing Livianna. I just wanted to run it by you." Cristiano and Diavolo just stare at eachother for a moment. It reminds me of how they had that stand off the other night at dinner. They seemed to despise eachother.

"Giada and I will come with." Cristiano says, he half smiles and goes back to eating.

"B-but I wanted to..." Diavolo starts but is immediately cut off by Cristiano.

"It's final Uncle. We're going with you." He doesn't even look up. Diavolo snarls then storms out. I'm happy yet confused. I'm happy because Cristiano put Diavolo in his place. But I'm confused because, why would Cristiano want to go to Chicago with a man he hated? And bring me? Chicago is the biggest Mafia city in America next to New York. I'm sure there is some kind of business going on there. For a while we just sit in silence. Beatrice left when Diavolo came in, so it's just Cristiano and I. Alone.

He finishes reading his paper, and sits up from the table, and walks over to me. Oh god, what did I do now? He takes my chin, just like he did before, and kisses me on the forehead. He looks at me for a moment before leaving. I suddenly change my mind about avoiding him. If we are going to Chicago with Diavolo of all people, I want to be by Cristiano's side at all times.

Giada's Outfit ⬆️

Giada's Outfit ⬆️

sorry I know this was a boring chapter! are you guys excited for the trip to Chicago? what do you think will happen?? like comment, and follow me! ill follow back!