chapter one

quick a/n- welcome to the fic! i hope you enjoy my writing :)
------------------------------

once upon a time, in a land far away but yet right at our fingertips, there was a town named l'manburg. a small town, though not small in character. though i'm a bit ahead of myself. let's start at the very beginning.

there once was a prince. a prince once working for the government of a town long forgotten by the public, almost as if they were brain-washed. 

the prince would throw marvelous, outrageously decorated parties every night. gold, netherite, and diamond decorations would decorate the detail oriented renaissance painting on the ceiling of the ball room, the columns holding up the ceiling, and every other surface you could decorate.

at every one of these parties guests were invited for their beauty, wealth, and status.

one night, a beggar came to a party, asking for just a bit of bread and water.

laughing at the beggars ragged clothing, lack of wealth, and lower-class, the prince spit on the beggar and denied their request. 

standing up and taking off their cloak, the beggar soon turned into a god. light emanated from their body as their voice boomed, "you have shown your true character, your majesty, and for that you will be doomed with external ugliness to match what's inside... you will be a beast."

the prince cried out in pain as he transformed from his beauteous form into a hog-like monster. his skin grew pink and his bottom canines grew large. his nose, once small and idealistic, became a pig snout. his clothes let out a crackled cry as they ripped with his form growing larger and larger by the second.

everyone around him cried and screamed at the beast before them.

after everyone had fled the god gave one last word of advice for him:

"unless you find someone to love you, blind to your appearance, you will stay a beast forever. you have until the last petal falls from the rose."

the god left and behind him was a ruby red rose which was soon locked behind glass in an unused wing for safe keeping.

the prince spent day after day staring at the flower and thinking.

for who could ever love a beast?