⚔ LATE NIGHT BLUES ⚔

❝ love always wakes the dragon
and suddenly flames everywhere.
I can tell already you think I'm the dragon,
that would be so like me, but I'm not.
I'm not the dragon. I'm not the princess either.
You see, I take the parts that I remember
and stitch them back together to make a creature
that will do what I say or love me back.❞

― Richard Siken

⚔ ⚔ ⚔

⤚ an excerpt 

      GRAISON'S THROAT IS punching air up and down with the kind of finesse that usually causes people to faint — not that he's going to faint, he is not going to faint while their ship is under attack.

      His feet are taking the stairs in more of an upright stumble, and he keeps both arms out to brace for the impending fall as he rushes through the darkness towards what he believes, directionally, is the captain's quarters.

      Above deck, there is so much noise he doesn't know what to make of it. He probably should've stayed and fought with them, but when Vesper had turned and yelled at him to run, he thought he should heed the warning.

      As he rounds the staircase, and feels two hands grabbing at him, no doubt a sword to follow, he wonders why he thought Cap's room would be the safest place for him. Cap is clearly the target of this siege.

      The sound that squeezes around the air pockets in his throat is squelched as he's dragged into the small junction below the steps, out of sight and in total darkness.

      He's pulled up taut against the body of the perpetrator; beneath the hand that's being pressed against his mouth, he smells something familiar.

      "Quiet," Baz says into his ear, breath ghosting over his earlobe, making the finest of hairs perk up.

      Graison goes slack, molding against Baz like he's sinking his teeth into the soft center of a bread loaf. Safe. Safety. That's the something familiar.

⚔ warnings ⚔

mature content and explicit language advisory with (possible) (haven't decided yet) vivid descriptions of violence and sexual content