𝟎𝟎𝟎.

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
༉ ‧₊˚✧ ─────
written in the stars

( ❝ — some consequence, yet hanging in the stars, shall bitterly begin — ❞ )

the stars, shall bitterly begin — )

༉ ‧₊˚✧

She was so close. She could feel it.

She could feel the hands of the Force becoming more insistent, urging her on through the unforgiving desert.

The fickle wind grasped at handfuls of sand and tossed the grains around in an oddly mesmerising dance, before tiring of its games and pelting the sand mercilessly into the travellers' faces.

But Kaia, all of eight years old, pressed on after Qui-Gon and Padmé — both of whom she had formed an immense respect for over the course of this disaster — through the pitiful excuse for a town. Because she had to get there. She had to.

Kaia didn't exactly know where 'there' was. But something, something was waiting for her on the other side of this string.

It was the strings that pulled her to come along in the first place; tugging at the the corners of her consciousness, whispering honeyed, enticing words in her ears. So she had reached out in the Force, and felt the string, the connection, and made the decision to follow it.

Leyla had told her it was a bad idea. But Leyla always said that and it only made Kaia more eager to go. Now, she was beginning to think her friend was right. Of course, she'd never admit that. She could only deal with so many I told you so's in a week.

So, heedless of Leyla and Carlo's hissed reproaches, she had slipped into the shadows and followed the string onto Master Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's ship.

It was right. It had to be. She had never felt so sure about anything in her life.

Whilst curled up in a compartment, she had reached out through the Force with intangible, ghostly fingers and made contact with the connection, a warmth spreading through her as she did. Kaia had noticed many of these connections in her life and they always had a specific feeling she could never describe.

This particular one conjured in her mind aquamarine blues and emerald greens, lakes sparkling like azure diamonds, cities of domes and pillars perched on chalky cliffs, sprawling lazily between luscious forests and jade-carpeted plains. It was made of cerulean water and sapphire skies, golden temples, wisdom and peace.

It all made sense when she got to Naboo. The string had been guiding her towards her home planet in all its picturesque glory.

Kaia had been grateful to the Force for that. Despite the quickly spiralling mess she had got herself into, she seized the opportunity to gather her home planet's beauty and elegance into her memory. She barely had any previous memories of her home — she had been taken when she had not yet seen five summers.