A mysterious encounter

PI showed up at people magazine headquarters 5 min late and I was sure I was dead meat. Thankfully no one noticed, at least the boss didn't. "Your late again Peggy. As the executive searcher, you gotta be on time!"

I swear Jessica is always on my back. Jessica is one of my friends at the office. She's just like me except more punctual and has a budget. Finally the boss, George Beckerman showed up.

"Welcome everyone. This meeting will be cut short since I have a date with umm.. Well you don't have to know about my social life. " Our boss is a big player when it comes to women. "Any way. Peggy do you have any reports on for the news column yet?" "Oh yeah. About that."

I completely forgot about that. My job is basically researching reporting and snooping around, trying to find juicy secrets to put in the magazine.

So far, I got nothin. "Yeah I'm working on it boss. It's just the celebs have been keeping there lives under raps lately." He didn't take my excuse. "If you don't have anything by Wednesday, we will have a problem."

After the meeting I headed to Barnes and nobles. I decided to take Monica's word for it and buy a couple of self help books. Ok let's see. 'The guide to saving money'. Need it. 'Frugal an Friendly'.ok.... ooohhh.

Look at the sparkley bookmarks! Well I need one to keep track of where I am right? Oh and I need this journal to keep track of my money. Wait! Come on Peg, focus. I went up an paid and drove home. Well by home I mean going to Starbucks first.

Once I arrived at the drive-thru is when I met James tucker. I was just driving up to the window when a handsome man, looking around his early 30's run right in front of my car. I slammed on the brakes and he ran up to the place.

"Hey sorry. I didn't get any straws with my drink." he said to the cashier. That seems silly.

Getting a Starbucks drink and not getting any straws. "Oh I'm really sorry. Here you go. " after he got the straws he circled around to my window.

"Hey I'm sorry I had to cut in so rudely. Did I give you a scare?" He was about 6'4 and with dark brown eyes and freshly cut hair and dressed very nicely. I put on my famous confident face and attitude and charmed him.

"Nope not one bit. " I said with a sly smile. He took a card out of his back pocket and handed it to me.

"MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!!!" A guy yelled from his car behind. "

Call me sometime." "maybe I will." I said very mysteriously. He then ran out and back to his shiny black Cadillac.

***************************

I hope you are enjoying! Next part should be out by tommorow or something.