𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙍𝙚𝙙 𝘿𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙤𝙣

please remember to vote and comment!

Wednesday, January 20

Choi Hanbyul approached her boyfriend during lunch, trying to keep him company as he sat away from the others. It was perfectly reasonable to be alone, and Hanbyul understood, but she just wanted to know if he was doing better.

She stood in front of him, greeting with her signature smile. But Haruto wasn't having any of it. Millions of thoughts filled his head as he wondered how the girl could stand in front of him — with a smile on her face — especially after everything he told her.

Why hasn't she run away? Why is she still here? It shouldn't bother me. Because if she left, then my plan would fail. But why am I still bothered about her being here?

"How are you feeling?" Hanbyul asked, a hint of sadness in her voice. And that was the last straw for Haruto. He hated sympathy. Especially when it was for him.

His gaze hardened, forming into a glare as his eyes never left hers. "I'm doing perfectly well. Always have, always will." Haruto gave her a sarcastic smile, causing her to frown.

Denial; she knew what that felt like. "Ruto, listen." She held the boy's hands comfortingly, trying her best to smile. "It's alright to –"

"You listen to me, Hanbyul!" The male demanded, tightly gripping her wrists, not noticing the pain his grasp gave her. "You don't know what I feel. So don't pretend like you do, because you really don't. And don't try to figure it out either."

"But yesterday–" Hanbyul didn't give up, gritting her teeth as she bore the pain in her wrists.

"For your sake ..." Haruto cut her off, his grip tightening as he tried to control his anger. "... it'll be better if you forget everything I told you yesterday. That conversation we had, it never happened. Just mind your fucking business and we'll be good."

She nodded, trying to squirm away from his hold. "O-okay. Let go, p-please." Hanbyul winced as he let go, quickly pulling her sleeves over her hands, forcing a smile on her face. But Haruto could see the pain behind it, and it didn't feel right.

Watanabe Haruto realised what he did and regretted his actions. But for the wrong reason. I still need her for my plan, I can't act like this with her. You are supposed to be an ideal boyfriend, not a psycho, Haruto. What the fuck is wrong with you? Don't ruin the plan you have worked hard for. The thoughts filled his head, making him panic as he saw the girl turn to leave.

"I'll leave you to it, then. See you later, Ruto." Seeing her smile despite everything he said and did tugged at his heart's strings, but he pushed the feelings aside. Just like he did with every other feeling he felt towards the girl.