Chapter 4

Sometime after school, Y/n showed up in front of the gym.

"Don't you have practice or something?" Hinata asked.

"No, we were excused because the coach had something important to do, and didn't want us to be in the gym by ourselves, none of the teachers would do it, so we said we'd practice a hundred times harder tomorrow to make up for today." Y/n explained.

Hinata nodded saying a quick, "Oh" as a response, then getting hit in the head with a volleyball.

"Come in you idiot! We have to get better so we can prove we can work together and get back in the gym." Kageyama said.

"Right!" Hinata said.

"Be aware of your feet and your legs!" Kageyama said, bouncing the ball over to Hinata for him to receive, but the ball went sideways instead of up.

"I need you to focus!" Kageyama shouted.

"I know I know!" Hinata said and ran to get the ball.

"We're gonna win this match and be let into the gym. Then we'll play for real." Hinata said.

"You're so mean Tobio-Kun~." Y/n teased while giggling slightly.

"You shut up!" Kageyama remarked to her.

"Oh right, I forgot, if we lose on Saturday you don't ever get to be the Setter." Hinata said.

"That's why I need you to focus!" Kageyama growled.

Y/n chuckled as she looked over at the volleyball team running laps.

Then she heard a distressed cry from Hinata.

"What happened?" She asked.

"This idiot received the ball too high and now it's stuck in the tree." Kageyama said.

"I told you to ease up a little while we're practicing!" Hinata said as he claimed the tree.

"If you could receive worth a damn, I wouldn't have to!" Kageyama retorted, waving a stick around.

"Are you gonna poke him?" Y/n asked.

Kageyama glared at her and started to jump while poking at the ball.

"Pardon me... your majesty." Hinata mumbled.

Kageyama then stopped jumping and glared at Hinata.

"What was that?" He asked.

Y/n tilted her head in confusion, why was he so easily triggered when called that now? He used to love it when she called him that...instead of one of her dumb nicknames she had for him.

The ball fell on Hinata's head and Kageyama caught it and scoffed and walked off. Hinata slid down and frowned.

He then began to start thinking of random things, shaking his head every now and then, Y/n and Kageyama stared at the boy.

"Hey! Pull your head out of the clouds." Kageyama said.

Hinata looked at him and shook his head.

"Hey what do you think the first years we'll be going up against are like? They can't be tougher than the upperclassmen." Hinata asked.

"It doesn't matter to me how skilled they are. We'll defeat them no matter what they're like." Kageyama said, holding the volleyball up.

"You're totally right. That's exactly what I was gonna say!" Hinata said.

Kageyama clicked his tongue and walked back over to where Y/n was.

"Don't you 'tch' me! One more time." Hinata said as he crouched into position.