Chapter 7

I sipped on my sweet tea as I eyed Luke who was on the floor with Alyssa. Luke was playing with her to her delight. She squealed with laughter and joy and my heart softened toward Luke. He made her so happy.

Alicia laid on my chest sleeping the sound of her sucking on her pacifer a soothing noise to me. I gently combed through her locks amazed her twins laughter hadn't woken her up. Alyssa would usually be knocked out too but Luke's presence kept her awake.

"Is this not wierd for you?" I asked quietly.

Luke smiled handing Alyssa his phone watching as she became entranced.  "Yeah it is. I never imagined that when I met my mate she would still be in diapers but I already love her. She's suddenly my whole world and I'd do anything to keep her happy."

"You love her?"

"Yeah but the love I feel for her is more brotherly than anything. I know one day it will evolve as she will but right now that seems so absurd. I love her Luna but I'm not in love with her."

Just like that my worries eased. What he was saying was the truth and watching him now just reinforced my decision. Luke wasn't a bad guy either. At 23 he was part owner in a construction company originally owned by his father. A successful company that would allow him to provide for Alyssa when she was older. When I asked about how the giant age difference would work when she was older he gave me an amused look and explained that the moment he saw her his body stopped aging.

He got an uncomfortable look on his face when he explained the rest. "When we uh complete our mating I'll start aging again and the age difference won't appear so outrageous.

"How will you deal with her dating in high school? Are you going to let her have a normal high school experience?" I asked adjusting Alicia against me.

His face clouded over  and he scowled down at the floor. "I won't admit to being okay with the idea but I won't stop her from being a normal girl. I may have to leave during her high school years to keep from murdering anyone but I'll do it if it lets her have a normal life."

"She almost cried her self sick after seeing you for ten minutes how do you think a teenage version of her will handle you leaving?"

He grimaced then shrugged. "I'll deal with it when the time comes." 

I smiled at him. "I like you Luke and think with time you'll fit right into our family but you'll have to work with Adain. He's her daddy and at the moment he really wants to kick your face in but I'm sure if you two spend some time together you'll work it out."

 "Luke!"

Startled we both looked to Alyssa who held up Luke's phone up for him to see. "Thank you!" He smiled taking the phone from her. Pleased Alyssa grabbed one of her toys and started her baby talk grabbing all of Luke's attention. That was the first time she'd said his name.

After awhile Alyssa couldn't stop her eyes from dropping and fell asleep against Luke her cheek resting on his shoulder. I watched them quietly watching how he acted with her.

The front door opened and closed and seconds later Adain appeared. He scowled when he saw Luke his features darkening even more when he noticed Alyssa sleeping against his chest.

"Adain leave it be." I said quietly.

He growled and mumbled to himself before tossing his keys on the coffee table and sat down beside me throwing his arm around my shoulders. I turned my head to accept his brief kiss before he sat back and glared at Luke.

"I'm not okay with this and I don't like you." He stated angrily almost sulking now. I patted his knee trying to hide my smile as Luke gulped looking like a scared rabbit about to be eaten.