41. Suprise within suprise

For a moment, it was like the existence of time had slowed down around them as the two sisters made eye contact for the first time in 3 years.
Eleanor's heart was racing as her chest raised and fell heavily. She couldn't bring herself to move but the force of gravity was too much, almost forcing the siblings to come together.
Nothing else existed for a moment as they awkwardly walked across the dance floor, making their way together and now as they stood only a few centimetres away, all they could do was just look at each-other up and down, not knowing what to say or who should even speak first.

"I didn't know-" Amber finally cut in, breaking the slow motion and bringing Eleanor's mind back up to speed.

It was her. Really her. It had been so long that even the sound of her voice was different but yet so familiar.

"I didn't know you were with Fred, George never mentioned in" Amber whispered, her voice low and content "otherwise I would of never.."

"What?" Eleanor quickly cut her off "would of never of dated him? Just because of me? How pathetic."

The two of them stood there, the moment of their meet more awkward than ever.
You could see the twins hesitant in the background as to whether or not they should intervene but instead they just watched from afar.

"Come on, let's not do this right here." Amber replied "just come outside and walk with me ."

Deep down, Eleanor really didn't want too. She had gone so long without speaking to her sister that she felt this wasn't even necessary but despite not speaking since their parents passed, she remembered what Mrs Weasley said to her a while back.

'She's the only blood you've got'

With that thought ringing in her ears, Eleanor looked back at Fred and gave him a reassuring nod before taking a step outside to talk with her sister.

By now, it was much more colder outside from what it was before and what was once a bright beautiful day was now dark and starry. The soft mist of fog glazing over the burrow fields, setting the scene to be quiet and sorrowful.

"I've wanted to reach out for a while now" Amber spoke softly, her voice sincere and meaningful "but I didn't think you'd want to speak to me."

Eleanor felt her heart fall a little at her sisters words. In reason, they hadn't fallen out of touch because  of something bad happening, it was because of how much their parents deaths affected them, they both took it so differently that they ended up pushing each-other away and now that this was the way they were reuniting, Eleanor wasn't quite sure how to react.

"Of course I've wanted to speak to you" Eleanor sighed as they walked around the perimeter of the tent "I just wasn't sure what to say. It's been so long and so much happened that I just didn't think we could start again."

Amber had always been the well behaved, more polite version of the sisters.
But unlike Eleanor, Amber didn't attend Hogwarts. She had a dream of her own to discover all the obscure magical creatures she could so therefore, she learnt magic from home.
Amber was never around much when Eleanor was a child as she was slightly older and had always been adventurous with finding new creatures but none the less was always there to help her little sister whenever she needed her.

"Mum and dad wouldn't want us to be like this" Amber said softly, sniffling slightly "they'd want us to come back together again and find a way to make it work."