chapter 23

Later in Prague, they arrived at a beautiful Hotel. As they entered, the class expressed their amazement. When Mr. Harrington was giving them instructions, Luna got a phone call.

"Hello?" She walked off to the side. 

"Is Parker with you?" Asked Maria on the other line.

 "Uh, yes." Luna turned around. Peter was already staring, so she motioned for him to join her.

"There's earpieces with your suits. Put them on and wait for instructions, understood?"

Peter looked to Luna curiously. 

"There's earpieces they want us to put on to wait for instructions." Luna repeated quietly. "Yes, we understand." Luna stated, then hung up.

"Hey, they just called me first." Luna stated in excitement. Peter smiled.

"Hey, guys." Ned approached them. 

"Yeah." Peter said as he turned around. 

"I am so sorry if I seem like I'm preoccupied with my relationship. You two are probably busy with superhero stuff anyway." Ned apologized.

"No, no, no. It's all good. Don't worry about it." Peter nodded. 

"I'll be right back, Brad's trying to talk to me." Luna sighed, then made her way over to the boy who still seemed to be pining over her.

"So, what's the status on the elemental thing? Where's it gonna happen?" Ned continued after watching Luna leave. 

"Uh... here, in the city." Peter stated.

"Peter, we're here!" Ned argued. 

"I know, I know. But it's not good. Luna and I are figuring it out." Peter sighed. 

"You and Luna don't seem to be figuring anything out these past few days." Ned raised his eyebrows.

"Don't remind me right now, Ned. It's complicated." Peter looked off to the side. Luna was still speaking to Brad, and she didn't appear angry, just distant. 

"I hope you guys are getting along, because we're all counting on you." Ned concluded.

"Ned?" Betty called out.

 "Coming, babe!" Ned replied with a smile. "Figure it out with Luna, or we're all screwed." He looked to Peter, then made his way back to the group.

Peter watched him with furrowed eyebrows. "Peter." Luna spoke. She made her way towards him. He quickly spun around. "Luna, we're still... we're still dating, right?" Peter inquired anxiously. 

"Yeah." Luna nodded. "It was.. Peter, it was just a fight. We just can't sort it out right now, but we will. You still want to be a couple, don't you?" Luna furrowed her eyebrows.

"Y-Yeah. Of course I do." Peter said quickly. 

"Cool." Luna sighed. She pursed her lips and glanced away. "Fury wants us at HQ. We should.. we should go." Luna explained.

"What if.. what if we don't." Peter chuckled awkwardly as Luna already set off. 

"I'm not doing this again, Peter. You can stay if you want, I couldn't care less." Luna stated in frustration. Peter sighed, then followed after her.

"Parker." Began Fury. He leaned back in his seat and stared ahead at the two teenagers who had finally arrived at headquarters.