The woods between worlds ,

A/N : I was re-reading narnia (the magicians nephew). I bought them a few weeks ago because they were books I read when I was in year 5 and I haven't seen them since and I just finished All This Time so I was like I'll read it, so here's a thing based on it .

Floating in a pond was a young girl, around the age of 13/14. More ponds like this one were evenly spaced out in the woods. It was no more than 10 feet both ways. The water was crystal clear and shimmering. Silence filled the land, but a comfortable silence that was. You could hear all the land around you, some say you could even almost hear the trees growing. It was like a dream land. It felt as if nothing could go wrong.

Once awake, the young child stood up from the pond. All of her was dry not a single bit of water had gotten in. Her eyes showed a confused look, like she remembered this place yet never stepped foot here before. Carefully, she sat down onto the blanket like soft luscious emerald green grass. She pulled on the ribbon holding her hair up, now letting it fall around her shoulders.

She felt like she was in a dream and that if she nipped her arm she would be back in her bed in her house. Looking down at her hands, she spotted a golden ring which she didn't recognise at first. Looking back up, her gaze settled on the trees, how their leaves swayed in the gentle breeze. Getting up again she reached up to touch one. Her finger touched one of the leaves delicately, as if with one touch it would disappear. The leaf felt like silk as her fingertip touched it. A small smile spread on her face and a giggle escaped from her mouth.

"Hullo" she said out into the woods
"Hullo!" She called again not expecting an answer back, yet someone did.
"Hullo" a voice came from behind her. Turning around to find the voice she saw a boy only a bit older than her. A warm glow illuminated off of his face. She recognised him 'but from where' she wondered as she stared at him.
"It's not polite to stare" the boy commented
"Oh I'm so sorry, I did not mean to, you see I recognise you but I do not know from where"
The boy ran a hand through his hair and looked down to the ground.
"I have also been trying to figure that out"
"Oh," the girl replied