chapter seven

[a couple days later]:

from that day on it had been the same for tobio.

no friends, no hinata, no motivation, barely any sleep, it had been rough for him.

suzuki seemed like hinata's new best friend too.

tobio tried to act like he couldn't give a shit; but he did, and he couldn't help it. it's not like he had any friends other than the guys on the volleyball team. everyone was so scared of him, so it's not like he could make any friends.

then the cherry on top to all of this; today was the day he had to leave for the trip. he had to share a room with hinata. which would be awkward as hell.

jesus christ, i'm really not god's favorite am i?  he thought to himself.

he packed his bags and went to the school to get to the bus in time.

as soon as he got on, he saw that there were no other seats other than the one next to hinata.

just fucking great.

tobio sat down, hinata not giving a care in the world as he watched him sit.

the entire bus was loud, but hinata wasn't speaking.

it had been at least an hour later when hinata fell asleep.

then all of a sudden he leaned onto tobio's shoulder.

tobio's eyes widened and his cheeks became a light shade of pink.

hinata was adorable when he was asleep. tobio smiled a little bit.

and it wasn't too long until he had fallen asleep too and done the same.

[many hours later]:

they had just arrived at the motel pretty late at night when tobio woke up and realized he was leaning on the spiker.

oh shit.

hinata was still asleep, thankfully.

tobio tapped him and told the other boy to wake up.
and he did.
as soon as he realized he was leaning on tobio's shoulder he immediately jumped and turned away, slightly blushing.

tobio thought it was kinda cute.

"i'm sorry for er- falling asleep on you!!" the smaller boy blurt out.

tobio chuckled
"it's fine."

everyone got off the bus and checked in to the motel, then going to their room.

as soon as the two got to their room they started unpacking in silence.

the silence was bugging him, a lot. so he decided to apologize to hinata. he wanted them to be best buds again.

"hey hinata?"
"what." he replied (sort of) coldly.
"i just wanted to say, i'm sorry. for being a dick and stuff."

hinata's eyes widened. he walked over to the setter and sat on the bed with him.

"why were you ignoring me anyways? did i do something?"
"no, not at all. you didn't do anything. i guess i was just being an asshole."

hinata laughed.
"i forgive you."

they both laid down and just looked at each other smiling.

"y'know the entire time we were ignoring each other, i didn't hate you kageyama. in fact i really missed talking to you."
"oh. didn't you have suzuki though."
"yeah but...you're much cooler kageyama-kun."

tobio blushed.

"ha! you're blushing kageyamaaa"
"am not!"
"are too!"
"am not!
"are too!"

they kept going at that for a bit then eventually stopped, bursting into laughter.

"okay maybe i was." tobio admit.
"duh" hinata replied rolling his eyes and smiling.

"i could never hate you kageyama."
"really?"
"yeah. even if you hate me i couldn't hate you even if i tried to. y'know, for a guy everyone finds scary, you're really not that bad."
"i'm not?"
"definitely. you're super good at volleyball, you're really fun to talk to and.."

"...you're so hot." hinata whispered.